All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 02-27-2021, 11:50 AM

Default A new guy tapping in to the vast knowledge of AMS.com

Hi guys

Not really new to metal shaping but always adding new tools and, hopefully if all goes well, adding new skills.

I have what some would consider a large home shop (40x64) for fabrication. My primary focus is hot rods but I enjoy building with metal so I get distracted easy. I have all the typical fab stuff from bandsaws, drill presses, belt grinders, mig and tig, 14x30 lathe and the essential Bridgeport. I have an English wheel and a planishing hammer, a couple of bead rollers and a press. I have also invested in CNC plasma cutter and recently added a large CNC router.

Anyway...

After all that, what brings me here you ask? I recently purchased a Lennox TE-100. I am very excited to add this to my arsenal but know very little about it or nibblers/power hammers/pullmax whatever you want to call it.

I hope I can learn something from others and hope to help others learn something as well.

I wish I had this passion for learning when I was a kid. Timing truly is everything.

Glad to be here.

Jeff
Old 02-27-2021, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Welcome Jeff.

The Lennox, Noland, Truedge, Metalmaster machines are very good machines. I have a buddy with one and would rather have it than my P6.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:15 AM

i have seen a lot of good content on the pullmax style machines on instagram. lots of guys showing off there work and are happy to help people.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:09 AM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Jeff, one of the best modifications you can do to your machine is to add a multi-position adapter. Normally the machine has one operate mode, this adapter makes it function more like the pullmax with different depths without having to adjust the jack screw.

https://cornfield-customs.myshopify....31182188675159

If you look through my youtube page (link below), there are several videos on Lennox setup in different configurations, may help to get your wheels turning.. I started out with a Lennox TE150 and more recently traded up to a TE250. Very versatile machines.

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel

Last edited by MP&C; 02-28-2021 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:58 AM

Awesome! Thanks so much. I think I stumbled on one of your videos on the multi position adapter. I will definitely be picking up one of those. I will look into your other videos as well.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:13 AM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP&C View Post
Jeff, one of the best modifications you can do to your machine is to add a multi-position adapter. Normally the machine has one operate mode, this adapter makes it function more like the pullmax with different depths without having to adjust the jack screw.

https://cornfield-customs.myshopify....31182188675159

If you look through my youtube page (link below), there are several videos on Lennox setup in different configurations, may help to get your wheels turning.. I started out with a Lennox TE150 and more recently traded up to a TE250. Very versatile machines.

Robert. That is a good idea. Beauty is in simplicity.