All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Resources > Resources - Learning Material
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Administrator

I just received book 3 in the mail today. Letter enclosed said that book 4 will be shipping by week two in April.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:08 PM

Hi Joe,

I got mine today too. I haven't opened it yet but I'm not surprised book#4 isn't ready yet. Book#3 was about a month late.......
Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Meet Hosts

Default book 3

Just got book 3! Awesome. Every thing you ever wanted to know about pullmax and shrink-stretch. Very Cool!

Andy (guesswork)
Old 03-27-2011, 08:12 PM

what was in the first two books?
Old 03-27-2011, 08:17 PM

Default Received Book #3 Saturday

Alot of efford went into the streching and shrinking, Erco, didn;t even know there were so many models avail. Noticed another company making similar dies to eckold's, Tim but a lot of work into this lots of information and also some ideas that could update My pullmax to be more effeicent. can't wait for Book 4 John E
Old 03-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Meet Hosts

first rwo books covered metal rolling, stretching, wheeling and power hammers.All good stuff!

Andy(guesswork)
Old 06-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Administrator

I just received an email from Tim about the delivery of Book 4. The following is part of the email.

"ALL BOOK #4s ARE SHIPPING ON TUESDAY THE 21st. Much new added material that came in at the last minute. Decided not to wait for the revised edition. BOOK #4 is going to blow everyone away. COVER-TO-COVER NEW INFO! Ended up a porky 242 pages, with 33 color pages. BOOK #4 is by far the costliest book of the set to produce.

All book #4s being shipped will include an updated three-page letter about BOOKS #5 through #7 and the BONUS. I am revising the website to state that BOOKS #1 through #4 are shipping daily. In addition, The website revisions, which will be in place by the 21st, will also include an updated section with ongoing updates about BOOKS #5 through #7. The schedule for those last three books have been bumped up a bit."

Here is a link to Tim's website. http://www.autofuturist.org

The information in these books is excellent and to my knowledge is not found in any other place. It took a lot of effort for Tim to put this together.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:39 PM

Joe, thanks for the update, I was just gonna ask what the status was on book 4...Eric
Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Meet Hosts

Just got the same e-mail from Tim! Looking forward to book 4. All of the first 3 were just awesome!!!!!

Andy Geelhoed(guesswork)
Old 06-27-2011, 01:26 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

I got #4 today. While itís interesting reading & ideas some people may be disappointed because it mostly covers press work and stretch forming thatís used in short run production work like at aircraft & specialty cars factories. I would say that over 95% of the machines shown will never be seen in what we understand as a metal shaperís shop. Having said that the quality of book and the amount of information is equal to or greater than any of the first 3 books and itís very likely that someone will prove me wrong by making some shop built machinery based on what is in this book. ~ John Buchtenkirch
Closed Thread