All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2021, 10:29 AM

Exclamation I need help with Hoosier Profiles!

Does anyone on this forum know Joe and Peggy at Hoosier Profiles?

I need help. I live in Sweden and can’t do much from here. I ordered a complete set of anvils for my Ranalah (standard, UHMW and speciality set) about two years ago. I ordered special dimensions to fit my English wheel. I was very clear concerning the dimension and even sent pictures with measures. Somehow Peggy messed the dimensions up as I found out when I had received my anvils (and after paying for all, including shipping to Sweden and customs fees). In contact with Peggy she told me she was very sorry and asked me so send the anvils back and that Joe would make new ones. So I did. I have since then tried to get the correct anvils, that I Paid for, but without any luck so far. I have sent many mails and made several phone calls. Peggy has promised several times to get them made and sent to me. I know that they have had a hard time with deaths in the family, Peggy being ill and problems in connection to Covid 19, but two years is really too long time! I have been very patient with them because they are so highly regarded on this site. This is also the reason I did dare to make the order in the first place. I have paid 2234.80 dollars (plus customs fees and shipping cost for sending the wrong ones back) and so far I haven't got any anvils. I did order an expensive upper wheel separately and this was correct and very nice, but I can’t use it because I have no lower anvils.

I have, for some time now, tried to contact them through email and phone calls, but without any answer at all! I really didn’t want to write this but I’m desperate! If they don’t send me the anvils or pay my money back they have stolen my 2234.80 dollars (+ customs fees and shipping cost)! In that case it’s a scam!

Kind regards

Marcus Andang
Sweden