All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 02-22-2022, 01:18 AM

Default Hacked "Maybe"

Hi Guys
Be careful MetalMeet.com may have been Hacked
Admin please remove this if not correct.

Cheers Phil
Old 02-22-2022, 06:01 PM

Not hacked, the domain expired on the 21st of February.

https://www.whois.com/whois/metalmeet.com
Old 02-22-2022, 07:18 PM

Will it be resurrected? There's lots of content of value in its archives.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:44 AM

The archive is full of good information. I hope it is not lost.
Old 02-24-2022, 11:58 AM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

Sometimes our ancestors have some paper heritage left. Modern times are about this: "The last one goes out".
What archive you want - no one will take care of it for free and no one will look into it. Just like a dinosaur's brain.
Everything will go away with our time and the members who are participating at that time.

Footnote:
Those who are afraid to share information with others and are unwilling to share ideas only show their stupidity. Only a small percentage of people have the ability to understand the principle and an even smaller percentage to repeat it.

Unfortunately, reading the archives is for scientists, who usually have nothing to do with practice.

I tried to look at the server, but it wasn't accessible. It's a shame. I probably don't need him today. I try to use my own ideas in relation to the technology I own.

So far, I have excluded the "American tooth" from the science of metal shaping. That's something that psychologically disturbs me. When I see someone bothering with this tool and wondering if why it has no results .... I'm not surprised.
I'm clear.

But I would like to visit the archive. Of course I'm interested. I'd like some advice. I also like to give advice if I see that it makes sense.

The local community has helped me a lot in developing ideas and in the art of sheet metal forming. I like everyone who helped me share ideas or comments. I like this place.

I look after the sick at home, so I broke down a bit. Sorry.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:37 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroslav View Post
Sometimes our ancestors have some paper heritage left. Modern times are about this: "The last one goes out".
What archive you want - no one will take care of it for free and no one will look into it. Just like a dinosaur's brain.
Everything will go away with our time and the members who are participating at that time.

Footnote:
Those who are afraid to share information with others and are unwilling to share ideas only show their stupidity. Only a small percentage of people have the ability to understand the principle and an even smaller percentage to repeat it.

Unfortunately, reading the archives is for scientists, who usually have nothing to do with practice.

I tried to look at the server, but it wasn't accessible. It's a shame. I probably don't need him today. I try to use my own ideas in relation to the technology I own.

So far, I have excluded the "American tooth" from the science of metal shaping. That's something that psychologically disturbs me. When I see someone bothering with this tool and wondering if why it has no results .... I'm not surprised.
I'm clear.

But I would like to visit the archive. Of course I'm interested. I'd like some advice. I also like to give advice if I see that it makes sense.

The local community has helped me a lot in developing ideas and in the art of sheet metal forming. I like everyone who helped me share ideas or comments. I like this place.

I look after the sick at home, so I broke down a bit. Sorry.
Jaroslav, the dies you keep referring to as “American tooth” are actually called “thumbnail dies”. They were originally developed for use in a power hammer where you can instantly control the hardness of the hit while working. They have been used successfully in power hammers for many years and even with some success in Pullmax type reciprocating machines. The problem is many die sets are shop built and seem to chop up the metal more than shrink it IMO. They are the hardest dies to tune for a correct “hit point” so people get discouraged by the rough results to sheet metal. Below is a photo of one pass thru my thumbnail / shrink dies. Also some photos of my dies which made the pass shown. ~ John Buchtenkirch
shr11.JPG

shrinking103.jpg

shrinking104.JPG
Old 02-24-2022, 03:22 PM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

John, I knew it. I knew it would be a response. Don't hit me ...

I know there are tools that work. And only SOME individuals for whom it REALLY works. Other "comedians" show strange videos on Youtube that show the shaping of the sheet metal, but it has a common point. They will NEVER show a finished good result.
I deeply bow to a few experts who work well and who have really created something in this way.
I have a friend who does top things, has a well-tuned this tool. To my great surprise, I saw with my own eyes the fibers shortening ....... But the hardness of the sheet was very hard. I was finishing one radius on the tank because the "tooth" was already refusing to shorten the fibers. Eckold sang like you were playing music at a sawmill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjf_TlGFlE

This technology discourages the beginner very quickly, falls into depression and prefers to focus on something else. Starting with "American Tooth" is very psychologically dangerous for a beginner.
I see how it beats into the sheet metal and how it is shaped and shaped ..... At the same time, all you have to do is make a paper template, cut it out. Mark it on the plate. With hand jaws from the hobby market, shorten or stretch the fibers a bit and finish in EW.