All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2018, 02:57 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default Kent White's Camp visiting Rock Hill, S.C.

We have finally got the scheduling figured out from the delay caused by the hurricane a few weeks ago. Jimmy Matthews has scheduled a private class to be given by Kent and it is being held here at the Redneck Ranch. Class will be centered around the different types of welding as Jimmy's business has a need to several types of welding and brazing to be done, and I am interested in learning more about silver soldering. We will be concentrating on predominantly gas welding and have at our disposal four gas welding sets, 3-Mecco torches and 1- Henrob unit, all equipped with Kent White gauges, hoses and hardware. I am hopeful that we will also be able to tap into Kents experience in varying his wheeling machine technics in accordance to the type of wheeling machine that he encounters in his consulting workshops. I am particularly interested in continuing our discussions regarding the application of roller bearings vs ball bearings in the lower anvils and Kents approach to determining the transition radii on anvils with flats, perhaps the most important decision in anvils using flats. I will post pics as available.

Jimmy and I will be picking Kent up early in the morning, and after a stop at a convenient Waffle House for grits and eggs, will be headed to the Rick Hendricks race shop in Concord, N.C. for a tour of the fab shop and hopefully get a look at Mr. Hendricks personal car collection and restoration facility. Pictures may not be available from this visit. Lunch is scheduled at the NASCAR Hall of Fame where we will see Dan Simone, the new curator there. He was kind enough to provide full access passes for us, and I am hoping to display some skills in the race car simulators. I have some vintage racing articles for Dan. Pictures may follow from that visit.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 11-18-2018 at 06:37 AM.