All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Projects > Automotive Projects
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-11-2018, 08:12 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

I had some time today so I got the right fender leaded up and finished smoothing out both of them. There's still a lot of work to be done on the fenders before I can take them off the car.

Name:  1084.jpg
Views: 1851
Size:  68.2 KB

Name:  1085.jpg
Views: 1590
Size:  71.1 KB

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:55 PM

I'll mount the suspension sub assemblies to the 49 frame. It's rust free and very strong with an X member like the convertibles used.

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:43 PM

Wow. Down for two weeks with the flu. I lost 10 pounds that I really couldn't afford to lose. I found my way back out in the garage and started getting some cleaning done but I'm still moving pretty slow. This flu is brutal.

Name:  3099343800000578-3417695-image-a-50_1453828982001.jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  35.2 KB

Old 01-25-2018, 11:56 PM

sorry to hear that Jack, draw yourself with a magic marker.. beefier looking lol, rest up bud
Old 01-26-2018, 09:28 AM

Best of luck with your recovery Jack, sounds like you've made it over the hump. Looking forward to further updates on your project, you've got some amazing skills and I've learned a lot.

The flu is truly no joke, a surprisingly large number of people die from it every year. This fact really hit home for us this year, as we just lost the music teacher from our local elementary school -- died just a few days after getting symptoms.

If you are experiencing what seems like a bad cold with a high fever, get to the doctor.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:21 PM

Glad to hear that you are recovering Jack.

There is a natural medicine called Oliviral, or something similar; Google olive leaf extract.

I haven't had nasty flu symptoms since 2006, after a doctor recommended them to my wife. As soon as I recognise flu symptoms, such as unexplained tiredness; a mouth ulcer starting, I hit the olive pills hard and the symptoms disappear usually in the same day,

Cheers Charlie
Old 01-26-2018, 08:07 PM

Hope you feel better Jack. Losing 10 pounds when you don't have it to lose is tough. Plus it's usually muscle so make sure you get extra calories, protein shakes would help in building back some of that lost muscle.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Myres View Post
Glad to hear that you are recovering Jack.

There is a natural medicine called Oliviral, or something similar; Google olive leaf extract.

I haven't had nasty flu symptoms since 2006, after a doctor recommended them to my wife. As soon as I recognise flu symptoms, such as unexplained tiredness; a mouth ulcer starting, I hit the olive pills hard and the symptoms disappear usually in the same day,

Cheers Charlie
2nd the Olive Leaf Extract! Friend turned me on to it, also they have a nasal spray form of it I use too. I usually get 2 or 3 colds plus the flu every year even if I get a flu shot. Been over a year since I started using both the pills and spray, no flu shot. Been cold and flu free since.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:40 PM

It's taken me two days to read this entire thread and catch up. There is so much knowledge to absorb here. My hat is off to you Jack, you truly are a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate you passing it on. I have learned so much from this thread. Keep up the good work. I look forward to your post every day. It inspires me to get going on my own projects.
Two thumbs up.
Bob L.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:52 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack 1957 View Post
I'll mount the suspension sub assemblies to the 49 frame. It's rust free and very strong with an X member like the convertibles used.
Most people don’t understand why or how much torsional strength a proper X member can add to a car’s frame. The diagonal members should be straight as they cross from rail to rail if you want to get the most torsional strength. The height of the X members web between its flanges is a factor as well. Most hot rod X members I’ve seen are made more for looks and supporting the floor, pedals & transmission rather than obtaining the highest torsional resistance possible. I’m in no way saying those hot rod X members are junk, they just have a different focus or goal. ~ John Buchtenkirch