All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-24-2021, 04:57 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Nov. 2018, Jan. 2021

Sorry to hear that Kerry, but agree with the non-surgical suggestions as a first place to start. After surviving pancreatic cancer, wife has some leaky gut stuff she is trialing at the mo (Stephen Gundry) and as a by product, the probiotic stuff seems to be having a significant beneficial effect on most of her arthritic fingers.

Inflammatory disease (and autoimmune flare ups) are largely triggered by diet.

Unfortunately conventional medicine, egged on by big pharma, are far too eager to reach for the pill bottle and not investigate the root cause in my opinion.

Our eldest has coeliacs and then tipped over with acute autoimmune hep in his last year of Uni. When we looked back, the onset of his autoimmune issue (often a flow on from the first inflammatory issue - coeliacs) coincided with him starting extreme gym work to presumably increase the size of his penis.

We later learned via a Dr Amy Myers book (Autoimmune Solution) that the bloody whey protein powder he was taking to increase the size of his penis, mimicked the molecular structure of gluten. After 10 years of being gluten free and then being bombarded with industrial levels of stuff which looked to his body like gluten, his autoimmune system went into total spasm.

We are what we eat.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:35 PM

There is a big difference in the two most common types of arthritis.

https://www.uofmhealth.org/condition...toid-arthritis
Old 05-24-2021, 11:48 PM

Best wishes for a quick recovery Kerry.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:12 PM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Kerry, take it slow and let it heal, best wishes!!

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel
Old 05-25-2021, 03:21 PM

Kerry, its just another engineering problem, organic not mechanical and I have little doubt you'll prevail.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:34 PM

Hi Kerry - My day job is a podiatrist - i fabricate to maintain sanity. Every week, I do surgery on joints, run a wound clinic as well as my private practice. Everyone who has posted has given good information but not all of it will apply to your thumbs. Think of joints problems like a failing or seized bearing. Some are just rusty and need a little lube. Others have lost rollers and welded themselves to the axle. Someone will tell you that XYZ penetrating oil will fix anything....it wont. If your joint show significant damage on xray, then non-surgical options will have very limited longterm effectiveness. Xray changes include joint space narrowing, subchondral sclerosis and cystic changes as well as periarticular bone growth. These are all signs that it is wearing or worn out! If the joint spaces are preserved and there is minimal periarticular bone growth, then nonsurgical care may be worth a try.

*periarticular bone growth = extra bone around the joints aka like a bearing which is trying to weld itself together (bad)

**joint space narrowing is indication that the cartilage is thinning - like a dried bearing which is starting to wear excessively

*** subchondral cysts and sclerosis is indication that the joint is failing from excessive stress aka bearing whining and squeeking, losing grease

Thanks for all your contributions to the forum!
Old 05-26-2021, 06:22 AM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2018, July 2022

This forum has some amazing folks on it, with knowledge way beyond metalshaping. Hope you recover well and quickly Kerry.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:51 PM

Default Health

Thanks for sharing Kerry. My thumbs have been giving me fits as well...

Some of what I do requires typing, and I've taken to using talk to type on Google Drive for some of it. It makes writing thousands of words for blogs a little easier.

Get well!

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:13 PM

Default Health of joints and body

My thumbs were giving me problems, mild but troublesome when gripping tools. Keto diet has eliminated this problem. It is worth a try and there are a lot of other health benefits for the long term as we age.