All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-05-2012, 06:01 PM

hi Peter, everthing is made by hand, the only tools we have are a bead roller and a very very poor english wheel.
Wayne
Old 05-06-2012, 03:25 AM
MetalShaper of the month 06-12, 02-14

Hey Wayne,

The fact that your job is based around the parts that you are currently making for those particular cars and models isn’t a bad thing. I agree it probably won’t change, but that doesn’t mean you can’t further your skills yourself. While you still have your current job I would be trying to build your own skills further, by taking on little jobs that differ from what you are currently doing at work (to earn extra money) and with that money I would start building up your tools, buy or build a Wheeling Machine (a good one) get a Bead roller, Sheet metal roller, get more hand tools; bench dollies OXY set and or T.I.G welder etc. You can obviously make parts by hand, so now you could work out a way to utilize new equipment to make those same parts faster and quicker to make you more money and so on. It takes time to build a shop full of equipment and we all started with a small amount of tools to begin with, just be smart about the order in which you purchase those tools.

Hey and maybe you wont have to go to work for someone like Myself or Peter, your shop could be the dream place for the next young guy in sydney!

www.kustomgarage.com.au
Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.kustomgarage.com.au View Post
Hey Wayne,

The fact that your job is based around the parts that you are currently making for those particular cars and models isn’t a bad thing. I agree it probably won’t change, but that doesn’t mean you can’t further your skills yourself. While you still have your current job I would be trying to build your own skills further, by taking on little jobs that differ from what you are currently doing at work (to earn extra money) and with that money I would start building up your tools, buy or build a Wheeling Machine (a good one) get a Bead roller, Sheet metal roller, get more hand tools; bench dollies OXY set and or T.I.G welder etc. You can obviously make parts by hand, so now you could work out a way to utilize new equipment to make those same parts faster and quicker to make you more money and so on. It takes time to build a shop full of equipment and we all started with a small amount of tools to begin with, just be smart about the order in which you purchase those tools.

Hey and maybe you wont have to go to work for someone like Myself or Peter, your shop could be the dream place for the next young guy in sydney!
Hi Jamie thanks for the reply, I'm already heading down that path and have alot of tools at home that I play with and make a few parts for datsuns that I sell, I guess I need to go out and approach some of the local resto and chopper shops never know where it might end up. thanks again for the relpy thats probably the push i need.
p.s I hope to be down there at peters for the meet
Wayne
Old 05-06-2012, 05:44 AM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Quote:
Hey Wayne,

Jamie that is well spoken I could not put it any better my self
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM
Old 05-06-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Hey Wayne,

Hey Jamie even if I had a small shop for myself I think the dream of working for a shop like yours or Peters is pretty hard to beat.. I think you under-estimate how good your skills are and how many people would love to learn from you.
Wayne
Old 05-06-2012, 07:21 AM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne080866 View Post
Hey Jamie even if I had a small shop for myself I think the dream of working for a shop like yours or Peters is pretty hard to beat.. I think you under-estimate how good your skills are and how many people would love to learn from you.
Wayne
HJ Wayne Ithink you under estimate your self..... Just follow Jamie advice. Just follow your dream Iam well aware that today ways and opportunity are not the same as they where, but you can still make it ...
bit by bit, and in 10/15 years you be looking back at what you have acive and smile.
it might be hard but not impossible
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM
Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 PM

Yeah Wayne, you should be considering yourself lucky your not a Bodyshop slug, rubbing bog, and working in these sausage factories we call panel shops. I'm taking Jaimie's advice for myself. The best thing about Hobart is the spaces are cheap to rent. Just gonna sniff out what work I can.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:20 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec 2010, Sept 2015, Jan 2016

Hi Wayne,

here is another one first of all i am with Jaime and Peter and here is how is did it and still do it.

It took me 10 years to get my own shop and i still work 25 hours on another job, 7.30 till 12.30 and the rest of the day doing my own thing.

Build my shop equipment over the last 20 years step by step.

Believe in yourself and everything will fall in place ,as Peter said it's not easy but it can be done.

Ben