All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 02-28-2022, 07:16 PM

Default New Member Toolmaker51

Escapee from CA, 2005. Accepted MidWest as viable place to re-anchor, part of that, occupying an individual building of rather outstanding potential - loading dock high with forklift ramp, 3 roll-up doors, foot thick brick walls, zoned M1, 15'6" ceiling and clear span (free of roofing supports), in 6500 square feet.
Knew that I'd be a machinist by 6th grade; while other kids fantasized about fire trucks, cops 'n robbers, or the army.

Have purchased equipment, mostly USA used, my whole life, with focus on related proportions. It's counterproductive to own a heavy lathe, and restrict capabilities with a 6" band saw. Aside a wide range of machine tools (saws, lathes, mills, drills, cutter grinders, tons of tooling, full inspection equipment), also moved in sheet metal equipment, 3' x 16ga shear, 4' x 18ga brake, several manual punches, bead roller, wire roller, circle shear, 10t and 88t iron workers, punch presses from 7t to 85t, full size English Wheel, layout tables and vises, SMAW, TIG, MIG, OAW equipment too.

Despite those; haven't found a suitable 48" x 16ga slip roll, so I'll build one. It'll be clutched for hand and motor power.

Seemingly asked every day if I can weld or drill so-and-so, "Well of course" I reply "...but so can you!" You'd be amazed the looks that statement gets. Where do people think our 'stuff' comes from?

Some answer they watch "How It's Made", advising them it covers only a fraction the real depth of production.

There's lots more, and I don't know any short stories; hence prefer to work them into related posts.

I'm figuratively available 24/7 for questions or related conversations. Just initiate via PM!
Old 02-28-2022, 07:50 PM
ADMINISTRATOR MetalShaper of the Month Dec. '09 & May '11

Hi Frederic
Welcome to Allmetalshaping
Enjoy wandering through the site
Old 03-01-2022, 12:57 AM

Welcome Frederic.
You sound like a fascinating person. Wish you were located up the street from me!
Looking forward to your future posts and projects.

Remember that the best of men, are only men at best.