All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Projects > Automotive Projects
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-01-2021, 04:36 PM
blue62 blue62 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Woodland Wa.
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustreapers View Post
Alro On line at myalro.com has it for $307 a sheet or $255 per sheet for 3 pieces. Yes the price goes down as you buy more. Shipping is commercial truck.

I would never pay that much for a sheet of cold rolled steel.
__________________
Dave Bradbury
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-01-2021, 07:42 PM
123pugsy's Avatar
123pugsy 123pugsy is offline
MetalShaper of the Month Dec. 2019, Feb. 2022
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Markham,ON
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustreapers View Post
Alro On line at myalro.com has it for $307 a sheet or $255 per sheet for 3 pieces. Yes the price goes down as you buy more. Shipping is commercial truck.

That's almost double of what we pay for stainless. Wow.
__________________
Pugsy

my project:
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=154
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-02-2021, 04:28 AM
Gojeep's Avatar
Gojeep Gojeep is offline
MetalShaper of the Month March 2015, March 2020
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eastern Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustreapers View Post
Alro On line at myalro.com has it for $307 a sheet or $255 per sheet for 3 pieces. Yes the price goes down as you buy more. Shipping is commercial truck.
WOW! A 8'x4' CRS even here in Australia costs only around $50 US.
__________________
Marcus
aka. Gojeep
Victoria, Australia
http://willyshotrod.com

Invention is a combination of brains and materials.
The more brains you use, the less materials you need.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-02-2021, 09:30 AM
blue62 blue62 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Woodland Wa.
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
WOW! A 8'x4' CRS even here in Australia costs only around $50 US.

Yes that is about right. I think the last time I purchased any sheet CRS I paid $48.00. People who pay those ridiculous prices for items are the cause of the high prices.
__________________
Dave Bradbury
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-02-2021, 10:18 AM
rustreapers rustreapers is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 100
Default pre Covid

Are some of you thinking pre-covid pricing?
__________________
John Phillips "bustin rust and eating dust"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-02-2021, 10:46 AM
blue62 blue62 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Woodland Wa.
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustreapers View Post
Are some of you thinking pre-covid pricing?

The difference between $50.00 a sheet versus $300..00 a sheet (for the same product) has nothing to do with covid. It has to do with greed and peoples willingness to be a part of that greed. It is only $300.0 a sheet from that supplier because people buy it from that supplier at that price.
Look around lots of places where it is cheaper for the same product. I can find it out of Calif. for half the price. Took me about five minutes of internet searching. That being said I would not pay $150.00 a sheet either.
__________________
Dave Bradbury

Last edited by blue62; 12-02-2021 at 10:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-03-2021, 01:58 PM
rustreapers rustreapers is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 100
Default

IT's no fun posting on here when people are only going to chew you up and spit you out.
__________________
John Phillips "bustin rust and eating dust"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-03-2021, 03:39 PM
crystallographic crystallographic is offline
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western Sierra Nevadas, Badger Hill, CA
Posts: 4,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
The difference between $50.00 a sheet versus $300..00 a sheet (for the same product) has nothing to do with covid. It has to do with greed and peoples willingness to be a part of that greed. It is only $300.0 a sheet from that supplier because people buy it from that supplier at that price.
Look around lots of places where it is cheaper for the same product. I can find it out of Calif. for half the price. Took me about five minutes of internet searching. That being said I would not pay $150.00 a sheet either.

Hi Dave,
I am seeing the same for 3/4" birch cabinet ply, just yesterday. $87. per.

Quality Down, prices UP.
And the 1" flooring ply - WHOA - over $120. per.
And this is US NorthWest production ....
__________________
Kent

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-03-2021, 04:34 PM
123pugsy's Avatar
123pugsy 123pugsy is offline
MetalShaper of the Month Dec. 2019, Feb. 2022
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Markham,ON
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustreapers View Post
IT's no fun posting on here when people are only going to chew you up and spit you out.

Hey, don't sweat it. You figured you were helping someone find some 19 ga. Perhaps you didn't realize it was so overpriced. Guys were shocked and posted. Let's get back to shaping and relax.
__________________
Pugsy

my project:
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=154
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-03-2021, 08:50 PM
blue62 blue62 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Woodland Wa.
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystallographic View Post
Hi Dave,
I am seeing the same for 3/4" birch cabinet ply, just yesterday. $87. per.

Quality Down, prices UP.
And the 1" flooring ply - WHOA - over $120. per.
And this is US NorthWest production ....

Kent,


Yes lumber prices are very high and have been for over a year now.
No idea why, every mill I see between Portland Oregon and Olympia Wa.

has all kinds of timber to mill. Lots of trucks hauling lumber up and down I-5 in my area so lumber is being delivered. So I don't get the high prices
Some people blame Covid but when the mills slowed down because of Covid lock downs so did building, so demand fell. As lock downs eased building picked up but so did mill production. So I don't think there was ever a shortage of lumber. Maybe a shortage of truckers but damn there are lots of trucks on I-5, that never slowed down from what I see.


What is a sheet of 20 gauge CRS going for in your area??
__________________
Dave Bradbury

Last edited by blue62; 12-03-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.