All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Basic questions and answers
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 12-11-2021, 01:51 PM

I just pocketed mine into the bench top, not bolted, it just sets in there.
Related subject, anybody figure an easy way to make the angled socket for them? I looked for anybody selling them without luck and made this one, but it was a bear to make
010.jpg
Old 12-11-2021, 03:11 PM

ojh,

That's a tough one, because the different stakes have either size or manufacture differences for holding angles so that's why the different holes in the plate for the different stakes. Might be better to have a straight sleeve that has a "T" set screw that you tighten when you drop them into the stand. that way the different sizes would not be a problem. The most would be off center for a smaller stake when mounted.

Just me thinking outside of the box which I often do for better or worse, which then gets redone.

fciron, Thanks for the kind words. The plate is 1/8" and I cut the holes to fit the stakes. I also took square tubing and welded it in at an angle to receive the longer stakes so they didn't hit the floor as you said.

TX
Mr fixit
Chris
Old 12-11-2021, 04:02 PM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

I try to unify all the ends of the tools.
I use size, diameter 30mm x depth 30mm.
The same size is in the Eckold KF 653. This means that I can use some tools in the machine. I made similar adapters for the KF 460 so that I could use all the scrap iron I had available.
If you make an extension for each anvil that you attach to it, but it will have a unified end in one stand, you have it all solved. I fasten everything in the stand with one M16 screw. Again, all mounting screws, even at the cost of adjusting the thread, have an internal Allen key of 8mm. So I only need one 8mm Allen key for everything. No complicated key searches, etc.
DSC08063.JPG

DSC08446.JPG
Old 12-12-2021, 09:07 PM

How can you have any "fun" if you don't have to spend hours looking for the right tool ? You know the one you just had . And all of the tools you can find are the wrong size .