All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 09-28-2020, 11:38 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

For those of you that have had an issue with signing into the blog,
I again, apologize for the inability to explain the blog sign in process.

I have been in touch with GoDaddy, but they are of little help in making it simpler to log in.

I have already logged in, so my page won't look like your page before you sign in.

It is NOT difficult, just a new procedure for me to learn.

Under the blog section there will be a picture of the #96 Ford Torino .

Below the picture is writing ending with the name Rod Osterland.

Under that is a line that starts out with (X) number of posts/comments.

Follow that line over to the right and there should be a log in option with a 'down' arrow just to the right.

Click on the down arrow and there will be (4) options: Google, Face book, Twitter and Discus.

The first three are social media accounts and those that visit social media will have an 'account' that can be used to login here.

Click on the Discus option and it will as ask for a name, an email address and a password. That will give you access to the blog area.

You only have to do this ONCE.

I had to use Discus to make a post on my own blog, and the only way that I know how to get back to the blog is to use 'back-space'.

I apologize for this inconvenience, but I am at the mercy of the smart folks.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 09-28-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:31 AM

I have continued to have issues with the Blog portion of the website for the book, but have made some progress in the last few days. What I have learned:

You should be able to log in by using one of the four 'balloon' icons, Google, Facebook, Twitter or the dreaded Disqus.

If you have a Google, Facebook or a Twitter account and it does not work, check for the 'blocker' settings on your computer.

If you try to use the Disqus approach to log in, it will work if most of the time.

Another approach is: when you attempt to log in, the four 'balloons' will appear and a box with 'name' in it. Type in your name and email address, then go further down to where it says "I'd rather sign in as a guest", and check that box.

I have changed some setting on the website and this seems to work better now. I would appreciate folks trying to visit the blog to ask questions about the book or the pictures, as I am trying to build up 'traffic' to influence those that have expressed an interest in marketing the book for me.

Thanks to those of you that have mastered the ability to post to the blog, and feel free to visit it again.

www.nascarredneck.com

Last edited by RockHillWill; 10-13-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:15 AM

Default Seeing some progress in the marketing for the book

Coastal 181, a book marketing company in Newburyport, Mass.is the nations largest purveyor of books for auto sports, and bills itself as 'Reading for Racers' has purchased an initial order of the book. They just sent me some advance copies of their yearly mailing that is sent out to 20,000 recipients around the US. In the centerfold, the book is shown on the same page as Kelly Earnhardt, Dale, Jr. and Jeff Gordon.

They have redone their home page that also shows the book along side books about John Andretti, Steve McQueen and other names in racing. I could not be more pumped, and just wanted to share.

I realize this forum is for metal shaping, but if you read thru the book, there are numerous references to carts that I have build and the metal shaping community, as well as a chapter on the Redneck Roundups. I have just placed another order for more books.

Here is a link to that home page. www.coastal181.com

wccover1.jpg

wccover2.jpg

wccover3.jpg

Last edited by RockHillWill; 10-16-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:36 AM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Very cool- That's great news, Will. Congratulations.

Glad to have another link to share to help spread the word. Thanks for posting.