All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 02-20-2021, 11:51 PM

Default New Guy here

Hi folks,

I couldn't resist the title, sorry, I'm cheesy like that. I am new here and my real name is Guy, the francophone version that sounds just like geek without the k and not the anglophone one that rhymes with sky. I respond to either, though.

I work an IT job with the government and I like to work on my own vehicles when I can because I am as handy as I am cheap. I currently live in Vanier, ON which is historically the francophone area in Ottawa, Canada's National Capital. Its also the bad part of Ottawa where a lot of non G-rated stuff happens.

I am joining the forums because I have a lot to learn here. I like camping and fishing and nature in general. I was bit by the 4X4 bug last Labour Day Weekend (2020) when I went fishing with some family. My nephew has this 1992 Toyota 4X4 called "Ketchup" that has locking differentials, a solid front axle and 37" tires. It went through mud like it was a cakewalk. I was seriously impressed. Now I am in the process of restoring a 1991 4X4 Toyota Half Ton Pickup (91HTP) so I really want to see pictures that are blocked so I can learn more about metal shaping. I need to build new floor pans for my truck and I got on to the topic of flow forming to put ribs into the floor pans.

If you have read this far, thank you!

I am looking forward to the full membership experience, if you will have me and hopefully this introduction was "more than just a 'New guy here' thing" by your standards.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, Guy.