All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Default John Alden

Never did do this at MM, but guess I should here.

Started looking into English Wheels in '06, and went to MM '06 for the express purpose of trying a number of different ones. I was leaning towards one particular brand, and didn't even know about Kerry's products at the time. Fortunately for me, I met Kerry, used his wheels, and others, no comparison. Purchased a Crown and am very happy with it. The only change I've made, is to replace the steering wheel with a old sprint car type wheel - no dish in the center. This allows for more adjustment, and I can use a smaller top wheel if I desire (tipping wheel).

Essentially into hot rods and teardrop trailers. Have built both. Just a home hobbiest, that needs more skills. Fortunate enough to have collected up some nice tools, but always looking for better. Friends call me a tool whore - wear the badge proudly - especially when they come over to borrow something. Why "Overkill" - thats a nick name they gave me. Don't know - may be the teardrop trailer that unfolds like the transformer robots, is shaved and uses electric door poppers, etc. Or my 31 Model A with the blown, electronically fuel injected 540 cu in Arias hemi headed big block chevy. Made 1010HP on pump gas, and idles at 750 RPM. Of course, everything is in various stages of construction - so I need to get off this box, and out to the garage. John