All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-23-2021, 08:14 PM

Default Northern CA Metal Bashing Meet

On October 2nd and 3rd there will be a "Metal Bashing Meet at Jere Kirkpatrick's shop in Willits CA.

Among the demonstrators will be Ron Covell, Gene Winfield, Aaron Green, and others.

The cost is $100.00 for both days and includes morning sweets, fruit and coffee, and lunch.

Information can be received by E Mail jere@saber.net. Or you can watch the announcement on You Tube. Type in Jere Kirkpatrick.

https://youtu.be/Gws_gYne7hA

Jere
Teaching The Fundamentals of Metal Shaping
www.jerekirkpatrick.com

All tools are a hammer except the chisel.....That's a screwdriver.
Old 08-28-2021, 09:57 PM

Default Dang!

This working on the weekends is definitely cramping my metal shaping event participation. Hope you guys have a great time.

Highly recommend attending!

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:55 AM

Sounds like a great time!
Old 09-02-2021, 09:34 PM

Default You should go to this event if you can

I’ve had the privilege of being in Jere’s shop and talking to him on a number of occasions. He’s a wealth of information, ideas, and backs it up with life experiences.

Jere’s present business is known as Valley Forge and Welding in Willits, CA. Prior to meeting him, I was in the house of a 15K acre ranch owner, where Jere fashioned the iron holding the redwood logs around the fireplace, and other items in the home.

From his shop, he has built many a bead roller with unique features. As I recall, Gene Winfield was one of his customers.

Jere sold the Henrob/Dillon torches for years demonstrating how to use them to cut materials, to welding aluminum. He demonstrated his techniques at many metal meets.

On the walls of his shop you’ll see pictures of championship winning midgets he built in the past.

You’ll also find a picture of a young Jere in white pants (looking like a Jan and Dean poster for those of us old enough to know who they were) standing next to the Shelby Cobra Dragonsnake. He worked for Shelby, building Cobras and drove the Dragonsnake, winning the championship.

Jere is one interesting guy, and I’m bummed that I’m going to miss this event due to work commitments. But I encourage you to go, because you’ll learn something, no matter your skill level.

Oh yah, Gene Winfield, and Ron Covell (Professor Hammer in many magazines) will be there too - but I wanted to let you know about your host.

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:14 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Default Rare opportunity .....

Any person wanting to learn something about metalwork should / must attend this event.
This is a very rare opportunity to be around both very high skill levels and huge experience.
...... All too soon these rare chances with these skilled old-timers will be gone ...

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:17 PM

I had a good time at the metal bashing meet. Thanks to Jere for hosting this, and to Jere, Mick, Gene, Aaron, and Ron for presenting. It was nice meeting you all.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:44 AM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

I'd love to meet you, but it's too far. Make a meeting in Europe ..... That ship is really a problem.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:43 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb 2015

Jere, If you plan to do this again in 2022 I'd like to attend. I've been wanting to get out there but have been too busy. I'm thinking that this would probably be my last long distance motorcycle adventure and your event sounds like a great reason to saddle up again.

Don't believe everything you think.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:36 AM

Thanks John for the nice words. How rude of someone to plan their wedding on the weekend of the event.

If anyone has pictures or video of the event would you please send them to me. I was sort of busy during the event and didn't get any of the stuff that was going on outside or of the lunch area.

The event may return to John Forbes place if he gits the fire damage resolved. I'll let you know around August of next year.

Thanks for coming guys. I hope you had a good tine and learned something from our great demonstrators.

Jere
Teaching The Fundamentals of Metal Shaping
www.jerekirkpatrick.com

All tools are a hammer except the chisel.....That's a screwdriver.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:48 PM

pat pounden here--just want to put in my echo of how fantastic the bash was at jere's--the 5 "horsemen'--jere,mick,aaron,ron and some guy named gene--were the nicest ,funniest--AND humble maestros you could ever hope to meet--and the attendees were wonderful to talk with-thanks so much-this weekend will be very dull after that one!!-thanks,pat