All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Individual Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 07-15-2022, 08:00 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Aug 2016, Feb 2017, Sept 2018, Dec 2020, Aug 2022

Default Eckold KF310 Kraftformer UK Based

Hi folks. Over the next few months I’ll be selling most of my sheet metal working machinery. Everything from Ranalah to Pullmax to Eckold and Edwards etc. All top notch stuff.

Anyway, I’ll start with my Eckold Piccolo KF310. It’s in good working order. 3 phase electrics. Comes with a set of 40mm shrinking jaws. Other tooling available as extras.

I’m going to test the water at £6,995 or best offer. I’m located in Cornwall, UK. I have a courier on site who can deliver UK wide.

I have in the past sent an English Wheel to the USA, so could help out with international shipping if necessary.

I can upload or FaceTime videos etc if it working in real time. I have been a long standing member of this community for some time, so I’m sure people will vouch for me.

Matt 07814716578

Any questions, please ask.

nearest citizens bank

Last edited by Stretch; 07-15-2022 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 07-15-2022, 02:37 PM

Sounds a good price to be honest, I’ll be interested to see how long it takes to sell. If you don’t mind me asking, are you getting out of this kind of work? Just curious as I seem to remember you having some nice machines.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:23 AM

Hi Gareth.
Yes, I’m taking a long sabbatical from automotive work, as I’ve kind of lost the love. I’ve been doing it since 1984, and, to be honest, I need a change of vocation. I’ll probably kick myself for selling a lifetime’s collection of tools/machines, but needs must.
Let me know if there’s anything specific you need, as I have tons of stuff.
Cheers, Matt
Old 07-17-2022, 04:28 PM

I know what you’re saying Matt, about falling out of love with what you do. I changed some years ago from CNC machining to fabrication but now have 2 businesses, one doing fabrication and the other one doing CNC machining, so I have the best of both worlds. My plan was always to move into more bespoke metal shaping as I headed towards retirement and that’s why I joined this forum and started collecting various machines. Unfortunately, I’ve never really had the time to experiment with what I’ve got and I downsized considerably with the onset of Covid so I am now reliant on my own pair of hands to earn me money more than I ever was. I know what I can earn doing what I do so the thought of packing it in now to take a different path is a scary thought so it does become a dilemma.

I’m sure you’ve thought it through well enough and the way I look at it is that you can nearly always buy those machines again, should you need them, they’ll just be more expensive than when you got them first time round.

I had a wheeling machine a number of years ago and sold it, which I still kick myself about, but it had sat in the workshop waiting for me to use it and I didn’t. I suppose owning one again is still on my wish list so I might be interested in one of yours when you decide to part with them.

That aside, best of luck for the future, whatever it is you decide to do.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:16 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Hi Gareth.
Yes, I’m taking a long sabbatical from automotive work, as I’ve kind of lost the love. I’ve been doing it since 1984, and, to be honest, I need a change of vocation. I’ll probably kick myself for selling a lifetime’s collection of tools/machines, but needs must.
Let me know if there’s anything specific you need, as I have tons of stuff.
Cheers, Matt
I always say it’s an easy business to fall in love with but a hard business to make a decent living at. Then you get a prick customer that just can’t understand how long it takes to make a part and he puts a big knot in your stomach. The reality TV shows that make the general public believe a ground up build happens in several weeks didn’t help as well. Good luck sir, I hope you find your happy place . ~ John Buchtenkirch

P.S. $8300 USA plus some shipping fees seems reasonable. If I wasn't at retirement age (74) myself I'd consider it.
Old 07-18-2022, 09:50 AM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

Guys, I've been putting technology, machines, tools, everything together for years. Now that I have gained knowledge, I need much less machines and tools. I have already sold some machines. This "the essential machines" and tools will probably be sold without my presence. Yes, sometimes you need to know when you need to end a stage. It will be very difficult to return to the field.

It's a problem with customers. Last year I dealt with it in my own way. I only worked for those who "really wanted something".
It was worth not working for rich clients or for those who only trade from the products of your work. I refused to work for them. They informed each other and slandered me. I supplemented it with a request that they can delete my number, that they will no longer need it. The result? Those who "really need something" call me, and I don't know those speculators who only keep you from work.
A few years ago, a senior colleague informed me that there are many dishonest people in the industry with various motives. Yes, it is good to know about it, it is necessary to learn to recognize these people. And as a matter of principle, do not cooperate with these people even if they pay more than others.
If this can be overcome, it's a beautiful piece of work.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:50 AM

Thanks guys for the support - much appreciated!

Cheers, Matt
Old 07-19-2022, 11:44 AM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Hi Matt,
Sorry to be so tardy on this topic, as it is important.
I'm really sad to see a good craftsman giving it up after a good long run.
You have great equipment. The Piccolo was a very popular model for a good stretch of years.
I think those of us who have earned our livelihoods doing auto/aviation metal shapes have had customer-caused business losses, some of which are substantial - due in some part to surprising cleverness on the customer side.
Over time, I guess we learn more about customer variations, along with the alloy/temper/thickness/shape variations.
I've had some gold-star cleverness winners, along with some having premium cheekiness.

Best of success with sales of your gear.

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.
Old 07-19-2022, 04:08 PM

Sorry to hear your getting out of it Matt. The UK is losing a terrific craftsman. Best of luck in whatever endeavors you choose.