All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Heads Up Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 10-25-2013, 03:50 PM

Default Metalshaping Heaven - Kraftformers and English Wheels

Just found this on an online auction site and I've just been through all 19 pages. There are 3 Eckold Kraftformer 665's, 1 x KF 653 and at least 5 different English wheels. Might be suitable for people who have deep pockets.

http://www.cottandco.com/lots/auctio...ace-components
Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan. 2011, Nov. 2016

This is neat!!

Never seen a small frame wheel like that.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:48 PM
MetalShaper of the Month June 2014

Default auction

man, it would be great to grab some of that. id say the dealers will be making the big moves. the descriptions of all the wheels are mixed up a bit. the harp shaped wheel that looks like a Ranalah but isnt- what is the make?

the little wheel I think a frost and is still available new

http://www.frostrochdale.com/wheelin...g_machines.php

certainly 2x Keetonas, 2 x edwards, 1x frost and the Ranalah looking machine but only 5 listings.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:25 AM

The 25% on top of the hammer price is a bit of a killer.
If you could get lot 100 cheap Vanco linisher 1 in wide belt. A very handy tool, I've had one for 25 years .
Old 10-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

It doesn't describe any tooling. The big Eckolds have NOMAR shrinking dies on them. You know they have more tooling...

It will be interesting to see what they go for. Hopefully they will post the sales prices.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pinkerton View Post
It doesn't describe any tooling. The big Eckolds have NOMAR shrinking dies on them. You know they have more tooling...

It will be interesting to see what they go for. Hopefully they will post the sales prices.
Kerry, I believe they will put more detailed descriptions of the items when the auction opens. Some auction sites don't post the hammer prices whereas others do. I think Cott are one of those that don't but I'm registered with them as a buyer and the Eckold's and wheels are all in my watch list so I'll be keeping an eye out at the end of it. The biggest problem with these auctions is overtime bidding which means that every time someone bids within 10 minutes of the closing time it adds another 10 minutes to the auction. It can be very frustrating and difficult to watch to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Fox View Post
The 25% on top of the hammer price is a bit of a killer.

If you could get lot 100 cheap Vanco linisher 1 in wide belt. A very handy tool, I've had one for 25 years .
Mark, yes, 25% is a lot more than the 15% that we usually have to pay. I think I remember seeing the linisher when I was browsing last night. I might have a bid on it just to see what sort of money it fetches.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:53 PM

You need to watch this auction house. I would really recommend you power up any machines and test them before you buy.
We purchased a vari speed bridgeport from them last week and when we powered it up we found that the machine had been run for some time and the vari disc damaged. As a result the damaged disc had waisted the armature shaft away by 80 thou.
Machine was described as in good working order!

www.vintagecoachwork.co.uk
Old 11-03-2013, 03:46 PM

hm............ where was that lottery win ?

karlfredrik@unneberg-bil.no

Peter Tommasini DVD sett for sale
serie 1-3 http://www.unneberg-bil.no/product/193535
serie 4-6 http://www.unneberg-bil.no/product/193536
Old 11-14-2013, 11:06 PM

Anybody gonna be bidding? Anyone know someone who could help ship from uk to the states?
Old 12-15-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Davies View Post
Kerry, I believe they will put more detailed descriptions of the items when the auction opens. Some auction sites don't post the hammer prices whereas others do. I think Cott are one of those that don't but I'm registered with them as a buyer and the Eckold's and wheels are all in my watch list so I'll be keeping an eye out at the end of it. The biggest problem with these auctions is overtime bidding which means that every time someone bids within 10 minutes of the closing time it adds another 10 minutes to the auction. It can be very frustrating and difficult to watch to the end.

Mark, yes, 25% is a lot more than the 15% that we usually have to pay. I think I remember seeing the linisher when I was browsing last night. I might have a bid on it just to see what sort of money it fetches.

You can't see the results unfortunately as they delete all items once sold. The auction sale was a result of an aircraft panel maker going bankrupt so as it was only 30 mins up the road from me I viewed to see what was there.

I would have liked the small eckold 170 air operated former, however bidding was much too strong for me to justify this with it going north of 6k when I last looked at the online bidding. A friend bought an Edward wheel and when we went to collect it we spoke to a guy who bought all the 3 big eckold 665 kraftformers & the 170 as well - guess what - he was from eckold who bought them all back to refurb and resell. Can't compete with that as for all you were looking in excess of GB £60k incl premium and taxes ( that's over US$90k ) with the best one going for over £25k (US$35k ) but they were nice and all powered up ok.
The wheels all made good money as well (up to £2700 for the large ones, with the smaller ones 600-800 GB£. ) On top of these prices you had to pay 15% buyers premium and then 20% VAT(tax) on the TOTAL of the bid plus premium. ie bid £1000 and final cost would be £1380. So personal bidders were at a disadvantage to the dealers/ corporate buyers that are able to reclaim the 20% tax element back.
Did manage to buy a handformer and slip rolls though - and some consumables that weren't in the auction direct from the company administrators including a shed load of 3mm aluminium that was otherwise going for scrap as they couldn't provide airworthiness certification for it - if anyone I the uk wants some 3mm sheet send me a pm.

Jimt
Sent from my iPad

"I have not Failed - I've just found 10,000 ways that have not worked" - Thomas Edison