All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Heads Up Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 PM

Default eckold 653

Hi All. eckold 653 back on ebay complete with you tube video's
fintan

http://www.fhellis.com/
Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 PM

Default Beware

This is the seller I discussed in this thread:

http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showt...ghlight=eckold

If you talk to him, tell him I'll stand by the deal I made. Just send me the Ebay invoice as Ebay and I requested.

What happened?
- He figured out he could get more so he backed out of the agreed transaction terms after I hit Buy it Now,
- I'm told that he's sold some of the tooling first offered with the machine, and
- He had to spend $1600+ with an electrician after getting the wiring diagram from Eckold UK, due to the electrical problems his "machine in perfect condition" had once hooked up to electricity.

Ebay recommended I leave negative feedback on him - I did.

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

The SOB somehow got my email address along with a bunch of others and sent us an 'announcement'. I don't know how he got the email addresses unless he manually harvested them from the vendor section of the old MSA site.

Personally I hope he can't find a buyer. I really dislike people who don't keep their word.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:33 AM

HERE IS HIS EBAY LISTING!!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eckold-Kraft...item4604620e13
Old 06-10-2012, 11:42 AM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

How much is a bottom stroking machine like that worth anyway ? Not interested, just curious. I thought the bottom strokers were a bad idea that Eckold got completely away from. ~ John Buchtenkirch
Old 06-10-2012, 01:17 PM

i spoke to a few people about bottom strokers, and they all said they were quite difficult to get the hang of, especially with the larger diameter jaws, and large pieces, but like everything i think you would get used to it in the end. , at the end of the day, the machine is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, it is a clean looking machine and i'm sure they will sell it for what they are asking. i've seen the machine and i dont beleive there is any kind of scam involved, just a little bit of misunderstanding. these old machines just seem to go on forever.

http://www.fhellis.com/
Old 06-11-2012, 12:40 AM

Default Seller

He's written asking that I remove the negative feedback from Ebay stating that he doesn't hold a grudge and that Ebay is requesting that I remove the feedback.

Truth is, Ebay advised that I post the feedback if he didn't perform - he didn't, and said that he could ask me to remove the feedback, but Ebay stated they did not request that I remove it.

I think the seller has found that the metal shaping community is a bit smaller than he thought, since the internet. I'm about to send him an email stating the following:

"I am willing to purchase the machine and tooling on the same terms and conditions you agreed to before I hit the Buy it Now, less the value of the tooling you have sold. Should you live up to that agreement, I will remove the negative feedback."

Life is too short to deal with people like this.

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:48 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Okay, well someone thinks it’s worth 4000 pounds or $6167 US dollars. Is that a fair price or doesn’t the bidder realize it’s a bottom stroker ? All of my machines (power hammer, Pullmax, CP hammer & punches) are all top stroking so I can’t see it but admittedly I have zero Eckold experience ( top or bottom stroking) so maybe I’m missing something here. Anyone whom has ever had a panel go into oscillations on a Pullmax knows how bad that can be, I just have to wonder if having a lower stroking machine isn’t asking for the same type of problems ? ~ John Buchtenkirch
Old 06-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Administrator

I have a 653 and previously used a Pickolo and it took a little getting used to but not much . You just need to hold your material up against the dies as appossed to lazily setting it on the lower .And with the addapters that Jessie and I came up with it is an incredible unit .I had Kerry using mine when he was here and he told me it wasnt a big deal . That being said after using both if I had my choice I would no doubt opt for a top strocker as that is what Eckold figgured out and evolved to.

The work that can be done with this machine is well worth getting either style and with the savings it would be something to look at .The only way this one is leaving my shop is if I were to somehow stumble on a top stroke at an ammasing price .
Old 06-11-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buchtenkirch View Post
Okay, well someone thinks it’s worth 4000 pounds or $6167 US dollars. Is that a fair price or doesn’t the bidder realize it’s a bottom stroker ? All of my machines (power hammer, Pullmax, CP hammer & punches) are all top stroking so I can’t see it but admittedly I have zero Eckold experience ( top or bottom stroking) so maybe I’m missing something here. Anyone whom has ever had a panel go into oscillations on a Pullmax knows how bad that can be, I just have to wonder if having a lower stroking machine isn’t asking for the same type of problems ? ~ John Buchtenkirch

john at what speed do you have the oscillations on a Pullmax
remember the eckold is low speed i have had some on my bottom stroker
then i hold my work piece a little different and its over to me not realy a problem even if it would hold you back from making a perfect piece, its so easy and fast to overshrink that you can wheel it out to go to the perfect part

i must ad i am also just learning to work with the eckold i dont have much experiance and never seen someone experianced work on one
most panels i work in the eckold i over shrink not on purpose but because it goes so fast and in my opinion that really is a luxery problem on metalshaping