All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Heads Up Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-13-2012, 04:17 PM

Default Pullmax at auction

www.hoffonlineauctions.com

March Machinery Exchange

Item #370

Pullmax P-9

Auction ends Thursday March 22 at 10:00 AM

I am going to inspect other stuff, I can take detailed pics and Email them.

I have no room nor do I want one.

Gary Anderson
arequickfab@hotmail.com
952-212-1118

Last edited by G. Anderson; 03-13-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:20 PM

Location: Coleman, Texas, a little town in the middle of the state.

It is on Page 8 of the auction if anyone is interested.....

Bill F.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:14 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

That Pullmax has the pneumatic tool lift / drop which is a real nice feature, you can hang onto the panel with both hands when you start your re-forming operation. But from what I can see there is no offset or center tooling holders or even any tooling so because of that I personally wouldn’t bid top dollar for that machine. ~ John Buchtenkirch
Old 03-16-2012, 01:15 PM

That is an American Pullmax P9 with the gearbox mounted to the motor. The gearbox originally is shifted with some electronic controls. That is all gone on this machine. It has been"rigged" with some sort of manual shifter. Not sure that is a bad thing unless vibration allowed a self shift thing that might tear up some gears. That would be a really bad thing. I am betting that those parts would be really hard to find.

TuckPuck® Metal Shaping Tools
www.tuckpuck.com
Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.c View Post
That is an American Pullmax P9 with the gearbox mounted to the motor. The gearbox originally is shifted with some electronic controls. That is all gone on this machine. It has been"rigged" with some sort of manual shifter. Not sure that is a bad thing unless vibration allowed a self shift thing that might tear up some gears. That would be a really bad thing. I am betting that those parts would be really hard to find.
I turned over two P9 Pullmaxes a few years ago. They had the stroke length adjustment on the left side, the tool drop lever was on the front with a 2 speed motor control switch on the right. The only thing I see different with that machine is the pneumatic tool drop if my memory serves me correctly. Hopefully a current P9 owner will chime in on this but I don't think the machine is changed. ~ John Buchtenkirch
Old 03-17-2012, 11:57 PM

Default top dollar is usual

I started buying from these guys about 10 years ago when you could actually get a good deal.
Now with close to 28,000 members attending, the good days are over.
They are fair people to deal with, it's just the high amount of bidders driving the prices through the roof with the extended bidding.
Finding out that some of you see things that I wouldn't have recognized, it sounds like I need to look elsewhere.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:37 PM

This is what the American Pullmax originally had for a shifter. The box with the lights is the shifter circuitry. The unit on top of the gearbox is the shifter mechanism.The gearbox is round and an extention of the motor. It(the machine in the auction) has been replaced with a manual toggle of some sort.
There is a difference with the American Pullmax P9. It has a single speed 5hp motor. This is my machine not a photo fished from the internet. It was made for the U.S. Marine Corp. and the logbooks show that it came from a Trident refit plant. I do believe that gov./military installations was where the American Pullmax was used.

www.tuckpuck.com

Last edited by mr.c; 03-18-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-19-2012, 12:23 PM

Both P9 Pullmaxes I had did not have that shifter box, I’m sure of that. They also had either 2 switch boxes in the front or a single box with 3 switches to control the motor RPM, I’m not sure I remember how it was set up but you changed the speed with the push of a button. ~ John Buchtenkirch
Old 03-19-2012, 04:46 PM

John: The point that I am trying to make is that only the American Pullmax P9 has the gearbox with a single speed 230/460 volt motor that is part of the motor. The auction machine is an American Pullmax that has been modified to manual shift. Who knows this may be a good thing.
Other P9 machines are as you have experienced. Just because the machine is in America doesnt make it an American Pullmax. They are two different machines.
That being said, to anyone looking for a machine, if you can do an inspection of the machine and verify that it operates in all 4 gears it may be a great machine if the price is right. Just know this,the machine weighs somewhat over 4000 lbs. The placard on mine shows a shipping weight of 5622 lbs. It might have had a very heavy pallet. Not a machine that you would tow home on a utility trailer. I paid a wrecker to drive it about 70 miles from where I bought it in the Daytona Beach area. We slid it off the tilt bed and into my garage. It cost me $300 to have it hauled. I strapped it down to his wrecker with enough straps to insure there was no way that it could turn over. They are very top heavy.

www.tuckpuck.com

Last edited by mr.c; 03-19-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 PM

Carey, sorry about being a little slow on the uptake but I stand corrected now, I didn’t know there were 2 different P9 machines. What thickness material is the American Pullmax rated to shear ?

Good point on the trailer too, someone would probably need at least a twin axle car trailer that’s usually rated at 7000 lbs. if it has 5 bolt wheels. ~ John Buchtenkirch