All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-27-2021, 01:14 PM

Default Rocklinizer information

Not strictly related to metal shaping but I have seen this equipment mentioned when talking about stippling shrinker/stretcher jaws, so sort of relevant.

Long story short but I won a Rocklinizer 500E in an online auction today for what I think was a fair price but wondered what sort of price these machines are to buy new. They must be relatively rare this side of the pond as I’ve never seen more than one other here and that was the one I missed in a previous auction. My initial use for it is to add some grip to chuck jaws on my CNC lathes but I’m sure it will find other uses for shaping machines

I don’t even know the age of the machine, or whether it’s a current model, so any help would be appreciated.

I found an eBay listing for another model but have no idea if it would be comparable.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:04 PM

Default Rocklinizer

I used to use Rocklinizers 35 years ago. I recall paying $1500 or $2000. After I figured out what they were doing, I could make my own with a vibrating engraver and an adjustable power supply. About $40. It is much slower than a real Rocklinizer, but I only use it occasionally. Rocklin has a wheel type attachment that goes real fast.

https://rocklinmanufacturing.com/roc...SAAEgIQ9_D_BwE
Old 05-28-2021, 12:17 PM

Thanks Bill. Yes, this one has the rotating handle so you get more consistent results. I pick it up next Tuesday so it will be interesting to have a play about with it.