View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 08:00 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2018

Post Chassis Member Reinforcement

Now that I have cut out the chassis next to AC compressor and belt to get sufficient clearance, I decided it would be wise to add some metal back for reinforcement. I don’t know that this reinforcement was strictly needed but I thought it better safe than sorry. Here’s a picture of the vertical member that spans between the lower and upper A arm pivots after it was fully trimmed for the AC compressor clearance.

The only real option is to add the reinforcement to the outside of the frame rails. I had already installed a similar reinforcement on the drivers side so I had a good sense for how to go about it. Fortunately, I had plenty of ¼” aluminum plate still on hand to make this odd shaped piece.

Given the current heat wave here in N. CA, I decide to glue this reinforcement in place during the early morning cool to give me enough time to fully spread the glue over both surfaces and get it fully clamped in place prior to expiration of the 15 minute glue work time. One more loose end checked off the Miura project list.