View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 05:52 AM

G'day Ryan, bloody good to see ya made it on here. Well done, like your intro too.
My "screen" name is Precocious Jeremiah. Actually it's the name of my scratch build Mk VII Coupe. Because it will be green and look like a bull frog front on . It is precocious as it is different.
I have been in touch with Kerry re my Eckold type mechanical metal shaper MkII. MkI is a success ! But due to the toggle link between the walking beam and ram(quill) it makes a bit of noise. The shrinking dies also worked...for 2min. The double sided tape holding the emery tape to the die faces sheared off. No surprize there. But carbide stippling the die faces is an art I will have to aquire. The MkII version has done away with the toggle link. It is an experimental design which I have not seen used anywhere. Very simple AND I hope effective.
We finally got the old lap top repaired and should be able to post some pics up the new design if proven.
As the mob on here have been very generous with their input into improving the collective skills, I have decided to share my design as an open source, if it works !
Btw there is another Chris on here that you know well. I think he goes under the name of Boris. You may want to have a look at SATAUS. He built his own bike. He is another bloke you know, under a different name....
Cheers, CJ.