View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 11:34 AM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
Been doing a lot of fine tuning of the front end these past few days after reviewing the photos from the visit with Rick from the 507 being restored at a local shop he took me to. I'm thinking of having the grilles sent out to be casted so I'm looking into sources for that. Have to weigh the costs involved, of course.

Attachment 62451

Attachment 62452

Attachment 62453

Attachment 62454

Attachment 62455

Lots of cutting and splicing but I'm happy with the fitment now. Driver's side fender is formed, and I can't wait to get to Jim's to learn more! Speaking of that, don't look at the cowl panel. That's just an exercise to see what I don't know!

I printed off the trunk panel too. Amazing to me the detail with these things!

More to come.

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,
The German autos of the 1950's had a neat talent for chrome-plating aluminum - sure gave us some headaches when restoring that era trim/brightwork....
I would think that chromeplating what you print up would be appearance-acceptable?
Working out your fasteners is a separate mechanical challenge.... though I'd think you would have a good set of usable parts ....

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.