View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:49 PM

Default Hi from the open road

This is my first post on this forum. I'm only posting because one of your members seems to be a bus nut.

I'd love to find out what kind of a shop could reproduce the following type of stainless:

Here's what it looks like overall:

Most people seem to be used to making very flat piece of stainless with a very small fluting as shown below:

I'm not looking for anything like that. I instead want to know who can reproduce a scalloped stainless siding that is made of "C"'s connected to "C"'s instead of flat with a bump. The results I'm looking for would not have any flat areas in the surface... all curves and ridges.

Here are some dimensions:
Overall height: 13", Vertical space between ribs: 2 9/16", Height of ribs versus valleys: 3/8", Total depth from bus to top of ribs: 5/16"
I'm not certain what the overall length would need to be. The bus is 34' long and this does not extend the full length of the vehicle. I'm assuming it might end up being about 30' long and will be broken in two spots near the rear to accommodate the engine/baggage door and on one side near the front for the front door.

I'd also like it to be made from a satin-finish stainless... here's an example that shows that quality:

Please let me know if you have any idea what kind of shop can re-create this type of stainless.

-Ben

Last edited by Pixelhead; 02-16-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: added a few more photos and some measurements