View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 11:57 PM

We spent many hours cleaning the car. It sat in the yard for about 30 years and became infested with mice. Unbelievable how much wool and bits of paper were packed into the trunk, YUCK (I did not get a picture of this) It took weeks to get it clean, I even removed all of the interior and sprayed it down with hospital grade disinfectant and it still stunk, Oh well... eventually it will come clean

Anyway, back to the good stuff......

After hours of discussion and planning on what my wife wanted for this car, we compromised and came up with some major points.
1)stops well
2)Rides and handles well
3)modern power and reliability
4)Comfortable interior
5) More cab space so we can fit inside it (I am 6 feet tall and 260 pounds, my wife is 5'11") so when we sat in the car we were shoulder to shoulder

My local junk yard had a P71 code (cop car) in it. Scavenging this car would hit most of the points.

I pulled the front suspension out of this car since they are bolted on. Its very common to use these front ends in 60's Ford trucks. It is pretty wide, but more details on this later.

I also pulled the rear end out of this car. Much stronger than the civilian cars.