View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 07:40 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

More Pics
I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of information and knowledge Kent has regarding the use of the wheeling machine. I asked him to share it with us all as I have a continuing interest in the working of that particular machine and was exposed to more knowledge that I was expecting. Jimmy Matthews is shown here.
KentClassSat 019.jpg

Kent was particularly informative about making sure that you understand the metallurgical elements of the material that you are working with so that you can make a knowledgeable decision as to how to approach the method used for the style of wheeling machine that you have available. Jason Carliss and Jimmy Matthews look on.
KentClassSat 020.jpg

He was particularly informative about the importance of using a stronger machine with flats on the lower anvils as the strength/hardness of the material being wheeled is increased, and that the transition radius was important and the use of roller bearing as opposed to the more common ball bearings was critical as well. He said that panels can be made from any combination of wheeling machine.
KentClassSat 021.jpg

Here he is showing the importance of nice tracking and the understanding of tracking patterns as well as edge control.
KentClassSat 024.jpg

Jason Carliss and Dominic Manera are using the shrinking dies in Kents power hammer to turn the edges on the side panel of the speedster tail section.
KentClassSat 006.jpg

Kent is explaining the approach to use when shrinking the edges of Jimmy and Chris Matthews Model A fender well.
KentClassSat 016.jpg

Kent at work showing us all how fast these new shrinking dies work steel as fast as aluminum.
KentClassSat 041.jpg

He could hardly contain himself as he shares how quick he was able to put these two reverses in this panel. About three minutes.
KentClassSat 044.jpg

This is the panel.
KentClassSat 045.jpg

Kent is sharing the wide range of dies that he has designed for this hammer over the many years of development.
PeggyClass 015.jpg

Last edited by RockHillWill; 11-21-2018 at 06:32 AM.