View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 12:23 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2018

Post Packing Up the Miura Station Buck

If you've been following the Miura build thread, you probably know I'm moving to a new state/town and thus everything in my workshop including the Miura project needs to get re-located. As part of our move preparation, I had to figure out the best way to pack up the full Miura sized station buck for the 722 mile journey to its new home. Some quick measurements showed that the extra long pallet left over from the shipping of the Coyote engine/drive train parts would be just the right size. In a few hours, the station buck was disassembled and like a giant puzzle packed flat on the pallet.

From this:

To this:

It turns out one of the benefits of a wooden station buck is that it can be made compact for transport to a different location. A wire frame buck with welded joints most likely would need to be transported full sized. When I started down the path of creating this station buck, I didn’t foresee this move coming and thus didn’t factor the need to move it into the equation. I guess you could say that I got lucky in my choice of station buck style and materials such that it could be a small part of a trailer load and not the whole trailer load.