View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 05:31 PM

Default Aussie Aluminium Spyder project start

I picked up my chassis last weekend. since then I have been doing a lot of checks and planning. As expected I will need to massage the body design to fit the chassis. But nothing too drastic.

I had already done a mock up of the door jam to check how the hinge would work and the resulting gap. It was only a mock up so I didn't spend time to get a perfect finish. It certainly did the job.

Now I have used the same mock up clamped to the chassis to check how the dimensions line up. I already new I would need to stretch the body slightly. But it turns out I need to shrink the width and height slightly too.

Now that I know what I am working with the next step is to build the buck. Originally I planned a fully plywood buck. But my latest thinking is to do some lengthwise supports in plywood then a small number of cross wise slices. Then I will bolt wire buck pieces to the plywood. This will enable me easily remove sections of buck as I am working. The plywood will ensure the buck shape is at the correct height from the floor and ground.

Name:  20210307_162138_resized.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  135.8 KB

Name:  20210310_192201_resized.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  146.6 KB

Name:  20210310_192209_resized.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  136.1 KB