View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 09:09 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Absolutely gorgeous welding there Mike. I think you can count yourself among the top tier of aluminum gas welders. VERY impressive, my friend.

BTW, what do you planish them with? A shovel?

Quite a while ago, I used to TIG weld 1/8" aluminum oil tanks for my stock cars. Nice new welder with water cooled torch and nice looking welds, but ALWAYS had some leaks that were often hard to find. I assumed that I was not doing a good job, as the TIG welding was a necessary evil to not send the work out and wait for return. Towards the end of my racing career, one of my sponsors was a nation wide trucking company that was facing the same trouble as Kent mentioned with their leaking fuel tanks. At that time, they did not have an answer nor did I about mine, but I stumbled across that same viewpoint as Kent suggested, and have since grown to trust what Kent presents as answers and solutions to any welding problem.

I was having some difficulty gas welding aluminum under any circumstance, until I watched one of Kent's welding videos, used his flux and MECO torch and started paying more attention to how Jim Hery was welding.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 11-22-2017 at 09:12 AM.