View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 06:17 PM

Steve, I have done a few 55 to 59 chevy truck so I know every move you are making. I am also working o an extended truck but you allready know it is a Ford. It is a 54 F-100 with the cab extended 6 inces behind the doors. I also have to cut a few inches out of the roof( 4 inches in the front nd 3 in the rear. Mustang 11 front suspension 2 inch dropped spindles. Moved front suspension 5 inches forward so that the front wheel opening would e in the center of the fender. I had to reverse te way the hood opened using a MW type mouting. I also had to take 1 1/2 inch of height out of the nose of the hood. The rear fenders were widened 4 iinches and the lrge wheel opening was sized to match the tire. We have a 94 Mark VIII Lincoln 32 valve modular motor and OD drive transmisson eing reuilt now. The ody work is done on ll of the panels and the ca and hood are painted and a lot of the inside work is done on the cab.
You will have to get an LS series engine ,trans comination for your truck.
The rear side window in the cab extension looks real good in your truck. Dutch Comstock