View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 01:04 AM

Thumbs up Melbourne, OZ, GT40s and MTBs

Strewth here we go.

Name - Ryan Love
Age - 40s, thats enough make it stop

Location, inner south eastern suburbs of Melbourne Australia

Occupation, Railway Signalling Engineer. Have worked on jobs in most states of OZ but predominantly its been metro Melbourne.

Hobbies and interests; Well i like riding my Mountain bike when i am able. used to race that when i was younger but realized that i didn't have what it took to get going really fast back in 2005 and haven't raced since. As a junior I raced on the road and velodrome as well. At some stage i would like to have a go at making my own bike frame but that will have to come after the current project. I have a modest shed which i am slowly over filling.

Major tools in the shed; Mig welder, Lathe, Mill, Spot welder, Horizontal Bandsaw, 3d printer

Current project; and predominant reason for joining this forum is a scratch built Ford GT40 replica. I started this probably 5 years back now and have slowly been collecting bits. I have the fiberglass body already and have been collecting tooling along the way to help make it. Some time back, maybe 2 years ago I acquired some copies (not all) of the original hand drawn ford blue prints. These were obviously drawn on plastic transparency sheets and show a few revisions over the time in which they were in development. dates on the drawings range between 64 and 69 i think.

In the last 2 years I have been working on converting what i do have into CAD so that I can then connect the dots using details from the existing plans and photos from original cars. surprise surprise they all seem to differ slightly.
If you want to see more there is more here
https://www.gt40s.com/threads/ryans-...-body-5.46513/

I have been enjoying the project, the process and challenge. Most importantly i am enjoying the journey, meeting new people along the way as well as learning new skills.

This is something (hands on skills) that I hope to be able to pass on to my two kids as they grow up.

Cheers.
Hope to meet some of you down the track. I will have a look around and see what everyone is up to.

Regards Ryan

Melbourne Australia