View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 09:34 PM

Default You should go to this event if you can

I’ve had the privilege of being in Jere’s shop and talking to him on a number of occasions. He’s a wealth of information, ideas, and backs it up with life experiences.

Jere’s present business is known as Valley Forge and Welding in Willits, CA. Prior to meeting him, I was in the house of a 15K acre ranch owner, where Jere fashioned the iron holding the redwood logs around the fireplace, and other items in the home.

From his shop, he has built many a bead roller with unique features. As I recall, Gene Winfield was one of his customers.

Jere sold the Henrob/Dillon torches for years demonstrating how to use them to cut materials, to welding aluminum. He demonstrated his techniques at many metal meets.

On the walls of his shop you’ll see pictures of championship winning midgets he built in the past.

You’ll also find a picture of a young Jere in white pants (looking like a Jan and Dean poster for those of us old enough to know who they were) standing next to the Shelby Cobra Dragonsnake. He worked for Shelby, building Cobras and drove the Dragonsnake, winning the championship.

Jere is one interesting guy, and I’m bummed that I’m going to miss this event due to work commitments. But I encourage you to go, because you’ll learn something, no matter your skill level.

Oh yah, Gene Winfield, and Ron Covell (Professor Hammer in many magazines) will be there too - but I wanted to let you know about your host.

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.