View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Davies View Post
It looks like it’s a Shorte, or Oliver, power flanger. The serrations on the wheels are more for grip than creating crimps. I had one similar a few years ago but sold it as it seemed to have limited uses to me. They run at constant speed, which is fairly quick, so you have to pay attention whilst feeding the workpiece through. You can also only create a relatively small flange on the workpiece so that was a limiting factor. Finally, those serrations can chew the job up and make it look nasty.

If it didn’t cost you a lot, and you have the space to keep it, hang on to it as you might get some use out of it. If not, I’d sell it and use the money to buy tools that you will use.

If it is one of the makes I've named, on the front right corner of the top plate there’s a small piece fixed to the underneath with a small gap. This allows you to pre-bend the workpiece to allow you to feed it into the rollers.

Hope that helps.
Thanks All

Has a Shorte engineering label on it. I don't see a slot for starting the bend.

I'll power it up an some point and see how it goes, but probably won't keep it long term as it takes up a fair bit of space. I didn't pay much for it, came with a larger log of bead rollers.