View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Over the years I owned Imperial Wheeling Machines, I purchased about 400 sets of anvils from Joe through the 3 different companies (CNC Solutions, Hoosier Pattern, and Hoosier Profiles). We had our issues over the last 16 years and a couple times I looked for alternative suppliers.

Long story short. There isn't one. NOBODY in the country is close in terms of quality. NOBODY in the country is close in terms of price even for lower quality until you get down to Chinese junk.

Joe makes rollers for just about every ewheel manufacturer except for MetalAcew/Trick tools who, unless they've changed, makes theirs out of 1018 steel. But at least they are concentric.

And this doesn't address all the other things Joe makes for the community like planishing hammer tooling, Eckold adapter plates, etc, etc, etc.

I expect Joe will see a bump in orders because of this news and he should. If anyone on this forum is considering getting an ewheel or upgrading theirs, I'd suggest trying to swing an order before it's too late.