Thread: Another new guy
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 04:08 PM

Default Another new guy

Howdy!

I'm Mitch. I'm the new guy. Or, at least, one of them. I've been making armour since 1986, doing autobody repair since about 89, Artmetal thrown in there all around. Some blacksmthing, but I find that I don't like how similar hot metal looks to cold metal, right up to that point that you pick it up..... Which still hasn't stopped me. For the last several years I've had the best job in the world: Being a Wood Shop teacher at a High School (yes, I have all of my fingers, and they are still attached, not kept in jars). Right now, I'm rebuilding a 1970 Triumph Spitfire. Actually, rebuilding might not be the right word, rather, I'm turning it into the car I think it should be. Purists will hate me, but, then again, purists also tend to hate the 1970 model anyway.... AND, I'm keeping it out of the scrapyard. Hate the 1970 seats, like the older ones, but like headrests, so I'm building a set of old style seats, adding headrests, putting speakers in the headrests... well, probably more detail than y'all want for an intro...

so, HI! I'm Mitch!

Last edited by jhnarial; 12-11-2011 at 04:13 PM.