View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

One of the many reasons AllMetalShaping was created was due to MetalMeet.com being hijacked from the MetalMeet Board of Directors.

We chose a different route. There are four admins, myself, Steve Hamilton, Dan Pate, and Dan Smith (Galooph). The four of us pay all expenses and do all the work of approving new members, keeping out spammers, etc. The advantage is that the 4 of us get to decide how AllMetalShaping runs.

One of the things that killed the MetalMeet forum was the lack of structure and control. A few vocal malcontents basically ran off most the content creators who came up with Allmetalshaping as a name for a new forum where we could discuss Metal Shaping. OnlyMetalShaping would have been a good name too. Because we don't allow all the off topic bullshit that MetalMeet did.

As our admins 'retire', we will look for a replacement. Dan Smith is our newest Admin. If anyone is interested in learning more, send me a message.

The MM Board kept control of the Oblong event after a couple people changed ownership to themselves and bypassed the Board. Add in that the new owners screwed up the move of the forum to their new server and managed to lose a year and a half of content!

It was a sad day. The forum never recovered from the loss of so many key content creators.

If someone is really interested in taking the site, it's probably going to cost you around 500 bucks...at least that is what we pay for hosting AllMetalShaping. I'd start by contacting Larry Robinson. He's not the main admin but probably knows what's what. I don't have contact info for him but could put you in touch with someone who does.

Hopefully someone learned how to do a backup.