View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 09:22 PM
ADMINISTRATOR MetalShaper of the Month August 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffrod View Post
After a long time planning, I’ve produced the first two videos about the tools and process of enlarging or reducing with compasses and triangle. These are part of my Virtual Stone Carving Apprenticeship video series on my YouTube channel. These two videos are probably most relevant to people here. One more video, showing the construction of a triangle for a pending job will be uploaded tonight and I will add the link to this post.

In terms of metal working, I have found application for this with buck building and development of patterns. I presented this at the Redneck Roundup several years ago. using this process, you can manually manipulate dimensions of a 2D or 3D item with great accuracy and no numeric calculation. For those who do not do CAD or simply want to know how it is done, this is how it is done. The mathematical/geometrical function presented is how such calculations are actually done within a computer program.

There will be more videos produced showing use of this process on a pending stone project after it arrives in studio, hopefully in the next 2-3 months. Right now, the triangle will be used to guide development of a properly scaled clay maquette for that project. Those videos will be posted to my VSCA playlist, so interested people may want to subscribe. That will likely be of less interest than the basic theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJIsrYzqiEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjZo5DqnF3w

Hi Clint,

I started watching the video and it looks good so far. Next time we are together, I would like to do some buck work with you.

Good stuff.

Bill

"A sign of a good machinist, is one who can fix his F$@& Ups" My mentor and friend, Gil Zietz Micro Metric Machine.