View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 10:56 AM

Default Just getting started here!

Hello, I'm Randy.. I'm sort of getting started here. I've been buying equipment for the past couple of years, now I'm ready to get started... lol!
My shop is small and for now it's just myself and some occasional help form my friends.

I've been a graphic artist for about 30 years fluent in adobe programs and others. I've been drawing and converting artwork for CNC plasma dxf's.
I recently decided to get into/try some fabrication work (mostly signs) for a bit of a change in life...lol... my friends think I'm crazy.

I've been assembling equipment for the past couple of years... I have a 4x8 high-def plasma table, Bridgeport, lathes, jib crane, etc...

My wildest purchase has been a P6 Pullmax with a 68" throat... it's a MONSTER! it weighs in at a touch under 7,000 lbs. I need tooling and tooling ideas. I do try to restore old cars, hot rods and motorcycles.

My goal is to learn how to use my Pullmax with some confidence, along with my other equipment... this all new to me.

That's my story... looking forward to meeting some new friends and learning something that will help me in the future.

Thanks Randy, 830 Fabrication.