View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 01:12 AM

Default Ducts

I'm pretty sure you mean the wood stove flue exits the building, otherwise, you are going to have carbon monoxide issues. Headaches and death....

Combustion air from the exterior, directed to the fire, then up the flue is the most efficient.

For my blast cabinet and wood shop, I have two stage dust collectors. First stage is a cyclone (I used Super Dust Deputy, but you could fab one up), the second stage is the actual filter bags. The cyclone catches most of it, the filter the balance.

I've thought about adding something to the grinders, etc, but I'm worried about sparks in the system. Also, there's the concern of dust explosions. I've made certain that everything is grounded, including running a ground wire through the pipe.

In small wood shops there are devices that you hang on the ceiling. It's simply a metal box, and a fan sucking air through a filter. It's intended to get the small particles that float, out of the air.

Hope this helps.

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.