All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Events (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Help with delivery of book to Redneck Roundup (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=19859)

RockHillWill 06-28-2020 07:29 AM

Help to deliver my new book to the Redneck Roundup

I have finished with the writing, formatting and editing portions of my book project and am working on the cover design. I have sent all this to a book publishing and printing company in Akron, Ohio, and am wondering if anyone near there might be interested in picking them up and bringing them to the Redneck Roundup. I could only afford to get 200 copies made at this time, but the shipping seemed outrageous.

The book will be 7" x 9" and about 600 pages with 165 pictures, making it be almost 1-1/4" thick, but I have no estimate yet for the weight or number or size of boxes. I will know in the next week I think.

BTW: The name of the book at this time is 'I Was A NASCAR REDNECK', 'Random Recollections of the transformation of a Yankee farm boy to a NASCAR redneck and beyond. 68-70 'stories'.

duck 06-30-2020 06:39 AM

Book pick up

Will,

I am down here in southern Ohio.
If no one is closer and can pick up your books, I'll run up there and fetch them for you.
Talk with you later as the red neck meet gets closer.

Duck

As a side question, Has anyone heard from Stan Lobitz lately. I haven't spoke with him in over a year.

RockHillWill 06-30-2020 09:55 AM

Thanks, Gary. It might come to that. I appreciate your kind offer.

I have not heard from Stan either. I just checked with a mutual friend, and he said Stan is in reasonably good health.

Regards, Will

Kerry Pinkerton 06-30-2020 01:57 PM

Please put me on the list for a copy Will. Good to hear Stan is doing OK. One of his sons is a Doctor and watches him pretty close. I sure miss his fried chicken.

Refuse1 07-01-2020 10:22 AM

Will, How do I buy one of your books ?

RockHillWill 07-01-2020 12:30 PM

Good afternoon Jeff.

I did not want to turn over my story telling 'style' to a publisher, so I self published. It looks like the written part is going to be OK, I am waiting for 'review' to be completed. I have the back cover and the spline designed and I am working with the printer to get the cover finalized. It is expected to be completed in the next 3-4 weeks. When they are in my hands, I will make a post.

At first, a request to my email or a PM here, will be the only place to buy the book.

Because of the size of the book (7' x 10"), the number of the pages (almost 600) and the amount of pictures (165), the price is going to be 39.95. Add 8.05 for shipping here in the US will bring the total to 48.00.

There are currently 140 copies of the original 200 copies available. You can PM me here or notify me at wildcad@comporium.net

I will put you on the list today. Thanks, Jeff.

Regards, Will

BrettW 07-02-2020 09:22 PM

I'll take one. Hope you included technical details in addition to the personal history.

RockHillWill 07-03-2020 07:00 AM

Thanks Brett. I have put you on the list.

Mike Rouse 07-03-2020 09:50 AM

Will, put me on the list for your book. I can’t wait to read it.
Mike

RockHillWill 07-03-2020 10:07 AM

Good morning Mike. I'm happy to add you to the list.