All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Automotive Projects (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Aussie 550 Spyder project (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=20350)

galderdi 03-02-2021 11:23 PM

Aussie 550 Spyder project

6 Attachment(s)
The thread has been hijacked. I am backing out before it gets too messy

dwmh 03-03-2021 03:28 AM

Hi Greg
Wray Schelin has some posts on YouTube on Porsche 550 body shaping.
It should keep you out of mischief for a while.

Regards
Dave

cliffrod 03-03-2021 03:33 AM

I've been enamored by the 550 Spyder for a long time and often thought about a similar build mounted on a regular VW pan. I'll be watching.

Gojeep 03-03-2021 04:13 AM

Great to see another Aussie on board. Look forward to seeing your build progress.

Jaroslav 03-03-2021 04:18 AM

Welcome the pioneer of electricity.
You're in the right place to shape metal.
Electric cars? It frightens me. Is it the future?
I maintain or rather use several diesel and petrol cars for which I do not need a pin code. I pour what flows into them, maintenance is minimal, reliability is maximum.
Colleagues use electric cars, but it's weird that whenever they come to me, they look for an electrical outlet. I call it subsidized electricity. To make it enough for them to drive 50 km home. Horribly. :cool::cool::mad:

heinke 03-03-2021 11:28 AM

Welcome! It's great to see another custom aluminum body build here on the forum.

Pehr 03-03-2021 11:53 AM

Electric is the future

Great start,
I will follow with much interest.
It combines three of my interest; EV, Classic cars and metal shaping.

abarthdave 03-03-2021 12:29 PM

I am a little confused , is the green car above what you are building ?
as it looks like it finished :)

either way can you send some front and rear photos ? I like it as there are so many fiberglass 550s around , the Green one stands out.

Thanks

Jaroslav 03-03-2021 03:06 PM

Greg nice body shape. I am not against progress. Phones and computers have gone unbelievably ahead in 20 years. There is no discussion about effectiveness.
The problem is in comfort and usability.
If you run out of batteries in the middle of the desert ... you have a problem.
If you want to tow a heavy trailer ??? How far ? And can you?
The electric car is going beautifully. But the energy bag is really missing.
Companies use electric cars with a range of 300 and 500 km. The range is reduced if you switch on the heating or drive fast. We have a cool winter. In winter, the range decreases quite significantly. You have to add fuel to the heater. The heat is created by burning diesel !!!! It is definitely ecological combustion.!??! I've heard complaints that in the winter on a slippery road, if you take your foot off the gas, the car will go into recuperation and the wheels will skid.

I support electric cars, but I don't want to use them. The whole issue has been solved for more than 100 years. The basic idea is good, BUT. So far, no one has invented the energy bag. Recycling, extinguishing, charging. I see many unknowns in the mathematical equation.
The steam engine works better ..... We must start cut down the woods. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Wh5_0Bxks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GMITokuHN4

I use a workshop car Audi A3 1.9TDI 66KW runs up to 190 km / h. If I drive to the speed limit, the average consumption is 4.5L / 100Km.
The car doesn't need anything, it doesn't want anything, if the warning light comes on, I'll add oil to the engine. I take care of that car so well .... Where is the economy and ecology? Good for me, I think I will ride for a long time. I observe the incomprehensible defects of modern cars and I miss the point.

Excuse my some points of knowledge from real live. :mad:

Jaroslav 03-04-2021 03:28 AM

There are many car manufacturers in our country. There are also many designers who solve electrical issues.
From my external point of view, it seems that everyone has realized how much money has already been spent on it ...... But we still can't create the same energy bag as a petrol or diesel tank.
No one dared say it was a problem. Because everyone drowned so much money in it.
But I have an idea. Shared electrical cables could work.

The condition would be that it would not be possible to overtake or turn so that the cables did not become entangled. He would always cover a certain distance that the cable reel in the trunk of your car would allow you. In the opposite direction, you would meet a car that unwinds a cable against you, and you would exchange cables.

There would be no need for GPS and position search, eg by your wife, she could find you with a cable. Maybe she could use a treadmill. You wouldn't go far. And the return? If a colleague with the unwinder didn't run against you, you could slowly wind the cable with a hand winch and get closer to home - if your wife took the cable out of the socket. For example, half way to a lover.

It still lacks the last design point for good use and reliability. Nobody puts money in something that doesn't work.

A small example: In Germany. No one in Germany has ever driven a dirty or visually tired car. The Germans have always been proud of their cars. Maybe it's a generational change.? He rides in everything that spins. Unwashed cars appear. It doesn't matter what the car model is (manufacturer's brand), because it doesn't matter. The design is universal and the cars have lost their uniqueness. Manufacturers wonder why they don't buy these or these cars. Even expensive studies pay for the survey. They don't have to, I'd tell them simply.
I don't mind me driving a wreck, I even like it because he doesn't want anything from me and he's reliable. If a modern car still has many small defects that force you to visit the service or they will stop halfway. Why ? Why did the engine temperature gauge disappear - the basic gauge. Do those cars really do those who want to impose their visions on users and expect the customer to accept it? Is it enough if the screen is lit in the middle? That's all weird.

I'll let it go, but maybe someone has similar feelings. :)