All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Announcements (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Barton books!!!! Read this (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=15882)

geelhoed 10-27-2017 07:55 PM

Bill thank you for your efforts and I know you are well capable of getting this done.

Andy Geelhoed(guesswork)

longyard 10-27-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaroslav (Post 140698)
Bill, I wish a lot of strength. When compiling roots, I understand the effort you are doing to that. For the history of working with love and general knowledge, it is a heroic act. Can I still order the entire set?

Yes, go to eBay and search "timothy Barton". The books are being handled by Lane Nittler.

RockHillWill 10-28-2017 06:40 AM

Gentlemen, please ad my sincere thank you for all that effort. It reveals the close knit attitude of those that care about not only the past and present, but the future for those with an interest in the art of metal shaping. I say 'BRAVO' guys!

jehammer1952 10-31-2017 03:54 PM

Bill if I haven't said ThankYou before. I will Now

Bill,
I know you have undertaken the challenge in doing book #7 It must be a challenge going through someone else's notes and trying to put everything in some order hoping you will come up with the same product Tim had put together. I know your heart is in this and I also know from reading your other books you will do Tim a justice. and book 7 will be Great. Can't wait till it is ready for market. Thank You again for undertaking this challenge.

Overkill 02-17-2018 09:06 PM

Barton Books

Bill and Lane are hard at work on Book 7. Both of them have invested huge hours to make this a reality. It will be announced here when it becomes available. Yes, if you bought books 1-6 from her, or just asked to be put on the list of people interested in 7, she has your email address and you will be contacted via email.

Lane has plenty of Book's 1-6 in inventory. She sells them on ebay and Amazon. But you can also get them direct by emailing her at Lane.Nittler@gmail.com.

Due to international shipping issues, she will only sell the books that are to be shipped internationally, through ebay. Unfortunately, she's had bad experiences selling books through Amazon for international shipping.

It's amazing what you can learn in them.

Overkill 03-06-2018 01:53 PM

Book 7 is here and shipping

Yesterday afternoon Book 7, written by Bill Longyard, using Tim Barton’s research materials plus Bill’s, was delivered to Lane. Those on the list have received emails, and she started shipping yesterday.

Interested in buying Book 7? You may contact Lane at the email below, or they are available through Ebay and Amazon. International orders need to go through Ebay due to Amazon’s policies.

Also, Lane has plenty of Books 1 through 6 available. There’s lot’s of information in this series that you won’t find anywhere else.

The story of how Tim’s worked was saved from the dump, is in the foreword of the book. I want to thank Bill for his kind words regarding our team effort. It indeed took us three, plus the efforts of Kent White to pull this off.

Overkill 10-02-2020 10:00 AM

Welcome new members

I thought I’d bring this thread back up for those new members that may not know about the Lost Metal Shaping Machine series.

Book #1 through #6 were written by Timothy Barton before his death. As the books hit the market, more information was provided to Timothy from many long time metal shapers, many of whom are on this forum. At the time of his death, he was in the process of writing additional books, and after extensive efforts by Bill Longyard, Kent White, and myself, we were able to acquire the pallet load of research materials.

Bill Longyard sorted through the materials and boxes were shipped to his home so that he could write Book #7.

We were out of stock on one book, but it has been reprinted and received.

You may find more information earlier in this thread, and through the following sources:
- Kent White has them for sale on his website www.tinmantech.com
- Lane has them listed on Ebay
- My signature line includes direct contact information for Lane.

metaldahlberg88 10-02-2020 10:25 AM

I picked up the first book from Kent recently. Planning to purchase the rest at some point. Really enjoying the book so far and excited to see what's in the rest.

Overkill 10-02-2020 05:30 PM

History

It’s interesting to see what all the old timers did.

Every once in a while, I think I’ve come up with a ‘new’ idea - then find it in one of the books...

Overkill 08-09-2023 08:36 PM

Update

If you don't know about the Timothy Barton / Bill Longyard The Lost Sheet Metal Machines 7 volumes, please read back through this thread.

Some of the Barton books are sold out and we aren't planning on reprinting.

She's closing her book business, so if you are interested - now is the time. For a availability and prices please contact Lane@mountainhouseestate.com