All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-09-2014, 09:31 PM

will i would only be able to come saturday- if you want a 2 day attendee and you have a wait list thats fine with me.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:42 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

No problem Sam. You showed an early interest and we are looking forward to meeting you on either or both days.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:58 AM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2012, Jan 2013, Oct 2013

All is booked, ready to go
Just 12 hrs in air, the distances is short this days!

See you guys!

https://www.facebook.com/metalman.sweden
Old 03-12-2014, 06:01 AM

Have just added Brent and Shelley Click to the list as well as others on the 'waiting' list.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:25 AM

This is just an update on the thinking and planning for the upcoming Redneck Roundup. We have a number of extremely talented folks that look like they are going to be in attendance and I am excited about that. It is my thinking that this is all about sharing ideas, so I would ask that the 'newbies' understand this is not a place to get work done that you won't / can't do at home. My shop is rather small compared to Dan's and Kerry's, so I would ask that those of you that want to bring projects, bring a smaller one until I figure out how my shop spacing is going to adapt to the attendance. I DO encourage bringing a small project as there will be plenty of advice and teaching available.

My shop is a one-man shop, but I have a pretty good assortment of equipment, so at this point I am asking for perhaps one English Wheel, a sand bag or two for sharing. For yourselves, perhaps your two most used hammers and dollies, air tools, maybe an air hose. I would advise a pen and notebook as well. Your own portable work bench would help.

I would expect that if you are going to either work or watch that you bring your own gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and welding helmets. I have a few extras, but not enough for every one.

We will be having a tool exchange. To participate you need to HAND MAKE a small metal shaping related tool with a value of about $25 - $35 dollars. On probably Saturday afternoon those items will be put on display and a ticket provided to each of the participants and as their ticket is drawn from a hat they will be given a choice of what is on the table. I think this is a GREAT idea (not mine) and would encourage your participation. We will also have a small swap meet area set aside in the event you might have a small tool or shaping item that you have for sale. These folks either are or will be your friends, so price accordingly.

I have some allergy issues, so the shop is a smoke free environment, but smoking outside will not be a problem. My wife hates cigarette butts on the ground, so I will have 'butt' cans strategically located.

What you can expect from me, is my best effort in providing a safe, clean and organized environment, that will allow you to observe and learn some current and appropriate valuable metal shaping ideas. Some very talented and knowledgeable folks will be available to learn from. My shop is air conditioned has an inside bathroom (cold water only), and you will be welcome to use my tools and equipment as if it were your own. Lunch and supper on Friday and Saturday will be provided. Saturday lunch will be a catered barbecue meal. Breakfast at Burger King, etc. on your own.

What I would expect of you is to have a GREAT TIME.
Be considerate of those presenting the seminars and enjoy the food.
Limit yourself to 3 or 4 helpings of the ice cream.
Work in a SAFE and respectable manner, and use the area that I have set aside as a tool return area.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 07-08-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:51 PM

I have updated the attendee list. If you are unable to attend or can bring fewer guests notify me as soon as possible. The interest have been very strong and I want to accommodate as many folks as I can.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:28 PM
MetalShaper of the Month June 2016

Excellent!

Will, I'll touch base with you this weekend. I'm more than happy to help get the shop setup in preparation for the event.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:20 PM

You are doing a great job setting up this event. Can't wait to learn and meet my fellow posters. I'll come ready to lean. Some great ideas.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 03-14-2014, 07:02 AM

Thanks, Dave, looking forward to meeting these folks as well.

Andrew: That would be cool, thanks. I have made arrangements to acquire a few pieces of used equipment, and if it goes as planned, I will have them delivered to the shop on Monday. Wish me luck!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:53 AM

Made arrangements for the catering of Saturdays lunch meal. Carolina barbecue, Brunswick stew, hash on rice and potato salad. Peggy and I picked up a sample yesterday and gorged ourselves last night. Delicious. Current plans also call for RC cola and Moon Pies, ice cold watermelon and most likely ice cream as well.

Got the new equipment in place, but not wired up yet, making plans to lower the tool holder on the P7, do not know yet if the P5 even runs. I acquired a very nice 4' x 7' smooth top steel table to do sheet metal on, that I have had my eye on for a few months. Shop still crowded until I get rid of the old brake and shear. I think I have them traded to a Model A motor for the speedster.

The P7 has the 7/8" tooling stems and the P5 has the 3/4" tooling stems. If you have some of either size that you want to use, bring either or both.

I am looking forward to both the tool exchange (hand made tool valued at $25 - $35) and a swap meet area. I would like the swap meet items to be small enough to fit on a table. I have (4) tables about 30" x 60" or so set aside for this purpose. It would be nice if you tagged the items for sale with your name and the price you are asking before you set them out on the table.

If anyone is for some reason going to be unable to attend, or plan to bring fewer 'guests', let me know as soon as possible as we have an 'energetic' waiting list.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 03-23-2014 at 08:25 AM.