All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65
Default MetalShaping 101 DVD by Kerry Pinkerton

We have made a new batch of our MetalShaping 101 DVDs

Cover-101-front.jpg

This is a seminar I give frequently at metalshaping gatherings around the country. This DVD was filmed outside in 2005 and there is some wind noise. We've been told the content and presentation is very good but we'll offer a money back guarantee if you don't think it's worth the money.

We only had 1 person complain about that the wind noise was unacceptable but you can't please everyone.

This DVD is 80 minutes long and does have chapters you can jump to from the table of contents at the beginning. This allows you to skip directly to the area you want to review without having to fast forward through the entire seminar. The contents are:

Cover-101-TOC.jpg

The DVD is $30 delivered in the US and $35 shipped world wide. We prefer Paypal to Pinkertonk@yahoo.com but also accept checks, money orders, bank checks. Personal checks will be held 10 days unless I know you.

I recently received the following note:

Quote:

I was traveling in New Zealand last month, and a fellow who attended my workshop there gave me a 'Metalshaping 101' DVD he got from you. I didn't get around to watching it until today, but I am so impressed, I want to take the time to let you know how much I enjoyed it!

I realize the DVD was made several years ago, and that you didn't set out to make an instructional video, but I think you did a magnificent job of encapusulating and summarizing a lot of the knowledge that people need to get started in metalshaping. You have a knack for keeping the infomation moving in a lively manner, and I think you did a masterful job of explaining some of the 'holy wars' that have been going on in the metalshaping community, and to sketch out both sides of the controversy before you 'weigh-in' with your well-considered opinion. I only wish that more people took such a balanced approach!

All the best, and keep up the great work!

Ron Covell
Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 PM

Hi Kerry. Does this DVD work in zone 4?
Old 04-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Administrator

I believe it works world wide. I think we've shipped to OZ before. If not, I'll refund your money and eat the shipping.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Spectator

Kerry, There's ways to remove or at least reduce the wind noise in the editing process. Are you doing these your self or having them professionally pressed/duplicated?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pinkerton View Post
I believe it works world wide. I think we've shipped to OZ before. If not, I'll refund your money and eat the shipping.
Don't they have to play the disc up-side down???

C
hris'
Autobody
Restoration
Service

Old 04-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Davidson View Post
Kerry, There's ways to remove or at least reduce the wind noise in the editing process. Are you doing these your self or having them professionally pressed/duplicated?
I'm sure something could be done but it would cost a good bit which would have to be passed along to you. It's not that bad imo. It certainly is not in the same league as David Gardiners in terms of production quality. But then...what can you expect for 30 bucks???
Old 04-19-2010, 10:00 PM

I bought a copy from Kerry last year. The wind noise is not that distracting. The content is excellent, and to me his DVD is worth every penny.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Administrator

The wind noise just enhances the "You are there"-feel!

Maybe I am biased, because I was there? As you look at the screen, most of the time I am just to your left.....where you can't see me

It is a great video to tell you the hows and whys of what we do!

Tim D.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:54 AM
MetalShaper of the Month
May 2009, Jan 2012, Dec 2014

Having talked to Kerry (in emails) some time ago about this I may be able to shed some light on the format thing. Kerry produced the DVD in NTSC format and it is not 'zone restricted' (this is something the film companies do to keep prices higher in some areas of the world) The NTSC format is used in north America and Canada but most modern DVD players (even the really cheap ones) will play it worldwide so you should not have any problems. There are many TV formats and I don't fully understand it all but we use PAL here as does most of Europe, Australia and New Zealand. There are even different versions of pal just to make life hard.

The long and the short of it is that the rest of the world can watch NTSC but in the USA most people will not have a DVD player that will play any other format.

I had to pay to have my DVD converted to NTSC so that I could sell it in the USA and Canada.

I hope this helps.

David

All things are possible.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:17 PM

One thing I know for sure is the vidoeographer is a handsome guy
Closed Thread