All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM

Wow.....good thing I took some pictures because it all went by soooo fast. Great to see folks that I met last year and just as great to meet some new friends this year. Here are some pics:
IMG_4602 (Small).jpg

IMG_4657 (Small).jpg

IMG_4654 (Small).jpg

IMG_4651 (Small).jpg

IMG_4642 (Small).jpg

IMG_4633 (Small).jpg

IMG_4629 (Small).JPG

IMG_4626 (Small).jpg

IMG_4611 (Small).JPG

Last edited by jhnarial; 04-29-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Administrator

I used Jimmy's new back purging tool and have to say it is a must have. I was lucky because Jimmy gave me one to take home. As soon as i get a chance to hook it up i will put up a thread on it.

I already reviewed it at Dans and i was extremely impressed.

Hopefully Jimmy will start selling them because i can tell you, you will want to have one

This forum is dedicated to Metal Shaping.
Please stay on topic.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:44 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec. 2019, Feb. 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnarial View Post
I used Jimmy's new back purging tool and have to say it is a must have. I was lucky because Jimmy gave me one to take home. As soon as i get a chance to hook it up i will put up a thread on it.

I already reviewed it at Dans and i was extremely impressed.

Hopefully Jimmy will start selling them because i can tell you, you will want to have one
I'm sure I'd also like one of those back purging tools as well. Haven't seen it or the results but by the way you guys are talking, it must be a good thing.

Looks like everyone had a great time.
This meet is on my bucket list for sure.

my project:
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=154
Old 04-29-2013, 04:06 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2012, Jan 2013, Oct 2013

Default What a blast!

Ok...I been here for 2 weeks at Danīs place and every single day was wounderful even when the snow was 6" after a massive dropdown..

The meet is absolutely outstanding and goes smooth and nice even when 70+ people line up for lunch... Lu & Co know how handle this the best of ways!

All who joined this event pushed it up to the topnotch level and the young shapers was really talanted and hungry for input, this si the next generation of metalshapers and we all need to help them on the way

There is few things that makes me so strong as the air at Route 56, it,s just amazing

Finally even this weeks had to be ended and the goodbye is harder for everytime, still wipes my tears after the take off but hopefully it will not take to long til the next trip....

Thanks to all of you , the meet wouldnt be anything without great people!!

// Per

https://www.facebook.com/metalman.sweden
Old 04-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Will Cronkite and I just got back to my house after a 1000 mile drive. Will and I didn't even have to start telling lies...err stories...for the second time. Great trip and great company. Thank's for letting me hitch a ride Will.

The meet, well, let me just say that imo, it was the best event I've ever attended...including mine. Great time, great folks, really interesting projects. I hope someone got some good photos of Jeff Dyce's birdbath. WOW!

I got a good bit of work done on Monique's bottom parts. I'm sure that there are more interesting things to shape...maybe...

There was a lady there from the MetalSmith guild taking hundreds of photos so I'm sure we'll see those soon. I've got some to post when I find my camera.

Thanks Dan and LuAnn, Per, Steve Hamilton, Jeff Dyce, Chris, Becky, and everyone else who attended, asked questions, helped, and especially PARTICIPATED!

Oh, Friday was my Birthday and they surprised me with a song and a cake. Super nice!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Quote:
Originally Posted by I should be fish in View Post
Leaving California now, see you some time tomorrow morning.
Stan, somehow I didn't get to introduce myself. Saturday was a bit crazy with everything going on.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 PM

Thanks Dan and LuAnn for hosting for us again. I missed the last few meets and i was reminded why i like going to this one.

Thanks to Steve Hamilton for helping me under stand what to do with my project. Now that i am home i have to finish it.

Thanks to Uncle Johnny for showing and sharing some bead roller tricks i will definatley be trying some of those.

I really enjoyed Steve and Kerrys demonstrations i learned some new tricks and somethings even started to make sence.

I cant wait untill the next one for some more fun.

My two and a half year olds solution if i dont have something..( go buy some)! Thats my boy!!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:09 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013

Default More pictures

Here are some more pictures of the event. I only got to stay till Friday morning so the group picture is Friday morning after Dan's great breakfast. Here is a picture of Jeff's birdbath. I would have like to seen it all done. There's Kerry with Monquie. That will be a family heirloom. All the kids sure made some neat flowers. I havn't been on the site very long so I didn't know many people at all. But when I left, I felt like you were all new freinds to me. Dan had all the tools for us to use plus some. Sure would like to have his Eckold machine. Per I wish you lived closer. You really had some good tricks on plastic tooling on the Pullmax. Hope to see you again someday. Now when I read the threads I can put alot of faces with the names. Thank you all for a great time.
P1010053.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010071.jpg

P1010076.jpg

Jimmy Hervatin
Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 PM
MetalShaper of the Month
May 2012

Great meet! Well done to everyone who participated. Another one for my bucket list....
Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 AM

You know, while there was a lot of great metal shaping discussions, one of my personal highlights was time spent talking to Will. I really enjoyed his stories of some of my favorite racers.

However, Will has enough stories to entertain shapers of all ages. I caught this with my cell phone:

Story time with Uncle Will. Priceless!

C
hris'
Autobody
Restoration
Service