All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Operations Team 3

Default Gator Meet May 1-3 by Gator**

This thread was originally posted on the old site. The original thread with photos can be found here:

http://allmetalshaping.forumsdot.com....php?f=37&t=41

Please make all new posts for this thread on the new site...that is HERE. We will be working to get the photos moved over.

Gator

How about a place to anounce a member having a get together or meet. Im having one may 1st thru may 3rd. The Gatormeet 09. Everyone is welcome. Contact number is 240-674-2101. Feel free to move this where it fits best or remove it if it does not belong...Gator

5916 Laurel court
Adamstown Maryland, 21710

Kerry Pinkerton
Good point Gator. I'll add an events topic.

Johnny and I don't see this site replacing MetalMeet or replacing the MetalMeet events. Rather this site is a refuge for folks who are interested in metalshaping content without all the fluff and 'humor'.

http://wheelingmachines.com

Gator

Im with you on that Kerry. No better place than a regional meet. As far as my meet goes, Its open to anyone who wants to learn or teach. Ive meet some of the greatest people and learned the most from the meets. Gator

BillH
YOu might mention an address, or city, so we can mapquest it also.

Thanks

BH

Gator

Dutch and marty will be here April 27 thru may 2. There will be a pig roast on may 2 and also Jay will be doing a upholstery demo by sewing up some new seats for my golf cart. If anyone wants to come i have some space in the shop and room for camping. Great chance to see the master Dutch do some great work and teaching...Gator

Joe Hartson
Gator, wish I could come but it is just to far for me. Please take pictures and post them so we can see what went on. Thanks.

Gator

Okay. The Gatormeet 2009 is winding down and boy im whupped. Heres some pics. Thanks to everyone who came as that is what makes this worth doing...

Back section of roof

Tom working upper cab corners

Sunroof substructure

Marty teaching Dutch how do build a door frame

Roof view from upstairs

side view

inside view

Dutch checking pattern

front view

Dutch trying sunroof.

Dutch and Ron wheeling the roof panel

Jay checking for snakes before starting work on door

a lot going on

Marty and John skinning the last door

Dutch getting serious. His hats back on.

bills door

marty and last door

Jay fighting for space

roof view with plannishing hammer

marty and the last door

I had a great time and hope others post there meet pics here. I will come back later and do the captions as the meet is still going on. Later gator

Last edited by Gator on Sun May 03, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gator

Some more pics..

Johns hood. He cut the scoops out of a 70 GTO hood and placing them on his 55 pontiac hood

Roof braces

Bills door with new bottom

http://allmetalshaping.forumsdot.com...ile.php?id=581

Kirk demos tuck shrinking on the gator stand

Dutch using the kick shrinker

Hemiheads fender buck

Jay doing e-wheel lessons

John with pontiac hood

Jays door with new beltline

Lunch time

Golf cart races. The gatormeet 500

Can you id anyone

Another lunch shot. We may not get much work done but we eat good. Menu for the day was
Plain and BBQ pork
hot beef
meatballs
baked beens
potato salad
cole slaw
spaghetti salad
fruit salad
chips
cake
pie
cupcakes
ice cream
cookies

Nap time

We had a great time and cant wait till next year. Im going to do something different next year. The main project will be...You tell me. Im going to pay to have Dutch and Marty come here for the week of the gatormeet. Thats the first weekend in may. We will work on someone elses project. Heres your chance to get that stalled project going agian. This is open to anyone whos comming to the meet. Email me what your project is and what you want done. Dutch and marty will head up the metal team, I will supply material, shop, food and cover Dutch and martys time and the people who come to the meet will supply the labor. You will run the project. If we have a couple of responces we may do a couple of them if there small or 1 big one. I need to know by feb 1 2010 as to your project. I will chose from the entrants what one we work on. This is a great chance for someone and my way of paying it forward for what has been done for me.

I would love to see a couple of projects offered and a lot of people show up for a couple of days or the whole week. This is a great way to help a brother or sister out so lets hear from you....Later Gator

Joe Hartson
Gator, Looks like you had a very good meet. Thanks for posting the pictures. Maybe one day I can make one of your meets.

Kerry Pinkerton
Gator wrote:
...We had a great time and cant wait till next year. Im going to do something different next year. The main project will be...You tell me. Im going to pay to have Dutch and Marty come here for the week of the gatormeet. Thats the first weekend in may. We will work on someone elses project. Heres your chance to get that stalled project going agian. This is open to anyone whos comming to the meet. Email me what your project is and what you want done. Dutch and marty will head up the metal team, I will supply material, shop, food and cover Dutch and martys time and the people who come to the meet will supply the labor. You will run the project. If we have a couple of responces we may do a couple of them if there small or 1 big one. I need to know by feb 1 2010 as to your project. I will chose from the entrants what one we work on. This is a great chance for someone and my way of paying it forward for what has been done for me.

I would love to see a couple of projects offered and a lot of people show up for a couple of days or the whole week. This is a great way to help a brother or sister out so lets hear from you....Later Gator

Gator, you are one class act! This is a tremendous example of paying back and forward.

Here is a thought. Remember the Bugatti pedal car that I was working on at MM06? The one based on the Bugatti Build CAD that Gene Olsen scaled for me.

Never got much done on it but have all the bucks...well I have all the stuff to build the rest of the bucks except for the rear fender and I'm sure I can get them from Gene Olsen or print the files at another print source. He had the CAD work done but his printer broke and I haven't asked lately if he ever got it fixed. If interested we could build the pedal car and auction it for charity...or scholarships to MM...or ??? Kind of like what we were planning with the full size unbuildable Bugatti :shock:

I would think that is something that could be accomplished in an week by a few people.... It could also be made for a gas or electric powered kids car.

Ultimately I want to build one of these for myself so I'll want the buck back.

Just a thought. It's up in my attic gathering dust and wasp nests...

http://wheelingmachines.com
Old 05-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Operations Team 3

jhnarial
Site Admin
Wow Gator

That looked like a first class regional meet.The doors on your truck came out perfect.