All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Welding Sheet Metal
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 12-10-2014, 09:35 PM

I am grateful for this string. Can you imagine what it would be like if there were only a handful of guitarists in the world and the only way they had to convey their knowledge, tone, passion, and expertise to the world was by morse code? You never got to hear them just see dashes and dots.

Fortunately we have so much more to communicate with like video. Tonight my son and I subscribed to David's youtube channel and we watched all his videos. We have watched every video by Kent White that we can find on the internet. Even with the excellence of video this discipline requires patience that we do not have (yet), touch that we can't feel, encouragement that is elusive. Every tack seems to be a mountain climbed. This is like trying to learning to play guitar with only receiving morse code.

We all know how difficult it is to communicate in writing and even more difficult to convey the correct tone. Being from Texas I have stuck my boot in my mouth more than a few times online. I hope David will continue to post. It is very discouraging to finally find the Masters and realize part of the craft's perspective is mute because we are human and to be human is to error.

...---...

Last edited by Patrick DeZeeuw; 12-11-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:34 AM

As you can see we are very good at blowing holes. We have also gone back twice and read this safety information. Because of this safety information we are now storing our rig outside our shed and we have it tethered outside the front door of the shed when welding and for adequate ventilation. This is my son Zeke

http://youtu.be/upE-sOIHjGo