All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 06-13-2014, 09:27 PM

I would be more than keen, Would be a good chance to catch up with EK Dave again as I haven't been to a Nationals for a while as well as the rest of the clan from OZ.
Personally IMHO possibly a 3 dayer event would be better, especially for the distance travelers, the fact that John has kindly mentioned we can Camp, that makes accommodation on site, which you can share Builds and project stories into the night over a few beers or 3.

Sounds like a great Boys and their skills bonding session (a form of metal land yoga).

But also to make it fair to most, if this was to be a regular meet, then others would have to host. Unless their are some dedicated who have reasonably equipped shops.

Cheers John
Old 06-13-2014, 10:21 PM

Put me down as definately interested, could probably drag a couple of co workers with me aswell.
Cheers

Assumption is the Mother of all Sutff ups.

Resto Rod Race.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:06 PM

Default count me in

Sounds great, would be pleased to attend
Old 06-14-2014, 05:03 AM

What dates do you guys have in mind.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi john View Post
Time for the Aussies (and adopted Kiwis) to have a meet .................................................. ...........................I am fairly open re dates (The last Saturday in September looks good. Nothing worth watching on telly... )
Do we want 1 2 or three days ?

Cheers John
Kiwi John,

Is the date set at September 24th?

How many days?
Old 06-14-2014, 09:35 AM

Ok, this is a goer

At this stage it looks like a 3 dayer. Friday 26th to Sunday 28th Sept 2014

I'm hoping to coerce Peter T and Jamie into attending as these Guys are world class but as Jamie is expecting a new bub in the next 6 or 7 weeks it may make it difficult for him to attend. I will speak with both of them this week, to see what can work for them. I know it sounds as though I'm being a pain in the ass but I feel we owe these two a lot. They make their living from metalshaping ,so to me their contribution carries a lot of weight. The date will be confirmed by next Sunday nite.

To date we have interest / commitment from EK Dave, MS Dennis, Barry(SA) Go Jeep Marcus, Jamie, Mark F, Mark Y, Oldnek John, Resto Rod Adam and Bevelhead Garrick.
As I mentioned earlier, there is plenty of room for vehicles, trailers, caravans, motorhomes or yachts. Set up camp, tents or whatever, you're all welcome.There's a good motel 5 minutes away if 2 star isn't your thing. Let me know and I will try to negotiate a group rate !
All I am doing is providing a venue. I am not an accomplished metalshaper by any stretch of the imagination, but if I can bring a group of guys together with a common interest, I'm sure good things will happen

I have a few tools available which include an English (Aussie) Wheel, Tig, 2 migs, oxy/act, nibbler, grinders/sanders, router, jigsaw, stumps, some hammers and a golden retriever. Any contributions to the weekend would be appreciated ! Bring tools, machinery, bucks, sheetmetal, rivets, files.
My eldest son has set up a junior mancave with a huge AV projector etc so we may be able to show a few DVDs ( David, would you be ok with this ? )

To me the object of the exercise is simply to share our knowledge and build friendships. If 2 showed up, I would consider it a success. If 3 or more showed and wanted to do it again, I'd call it an annual event.

Kerry and Richard K. I would appreciate your input as to what works and what doesn't. I am only looking for the forged path so will follow your advice. Is there a format or programme that you have found to be successful or does each meet have its individual quirks ?

Could everyone thinking of attending put forward your ideas of what YOU want from the 3 days. I have no benchmark as I've never been to one. Ultimately it's up to you guys.

Thanks to EK Dave and MarkY for offering to help with materials.
David, bring everything you've got. I'll come down to Geelong to load up if you need it
Mark Y. Your'e not off the hook as I'm working in Pakenham for the next few months. If you can supply cr sheetmetal I'll send a truck through to pick it up !

Cheers John
Old 06-14-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard K View Post
Kiwi John,

Is the date set at September 24th?

How many days?
The 24th is a wednesday !
Old 06-14-2014, 09:44 AM

So its a wednesday . 3 days 5 days its all good !
Old 06-14-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi john View Post
So its a wednesday . 3 days 5 days its all good !
I am in for 3 days fri,sat and Sunday
Old 06-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Check your PMs John.