All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2019, 10:36 AM

Default Workshop in eastern Tennessee in April

On April 12-14th this year I am hosting our 6th Workshop at my shop in Elizabethton, Tennessee. In past years we have focused on different facets of Model-A restoration and metalshaping in a hands-on workshop environment where the attendees bring their projects and are mentored under supervision just like similar metalshaping workshops. In chatting with Will Cronkrite last year (-after he suggested he would not be hosting an event at his house), I suggested that I could open my event up to his Redneck Roundup attendees as I have more room and would enjoy many. So, for those people here that would like to attend and bring a project to work on, --or maybe just come to assist someone else, I am officially inviting and welcoming you to attend.

Since we are a restoration shop, there will be a few other seminars scheduled that may be of interest even though they are outside of metalshaping however we will also have some sheetmetal-related classes too that may be of interest to the resto crowd. If you would like to host a seminar or work group session, I would encourage that.

As far as logistics go, we will have a warehouse area of approximately 3,500 square foot available to work on personal projects in, -and we have other areas such as a break room or other shop areas to host the individual seminars or smaller work group sessions. Our metal shop has a P3 Pullmax, a 36" pneumatic Planishing Hammer, and other shaping-related tooling available for use. Additionally, we have the room and the electrical power available should someone wish to bring their own machine. This would included welders, pneumatic tools, or ???. We have an overhead crane and fork lifts available for loading/unloading. We have room outside for self-contained camping, -or there is lodging available nearby. In the past there has been a swap meet, and you would be invited to participate in that if you desire.

SO, ...is there any interest from anyone here in attending?? If so, I'll post this in the events section.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
...Elizabethton, Tennessee
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )