All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
Register All Albums Event Calendar Today's Posts Search
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 10-09-2009, 12:40 AM

Default Hello All

I joined your community recently and I'm just getting around to an introduction. I design and build "Marine Power Distribution" systems by day and perform the functions of gun plumber and panel beater as time permits. I've acquired books and tools over the years and built some fun toys at JPR Cars (we were in the kit car business). I got interested in metalshaping when I found a copy of Ron Fournier's "Metal Fabricator's Handbook" at my local speed shop back in 1987. Up to that point, I couldn't even conceive of making a car body with hammers and dollies. The longer I play at this, the more i realize how little I know.

I have lots of projects, but I am starting with making basic tools. I have a stump and baseball bat hammer in the works, and will probably turn to slappers next. Suggestions are always welcome.

I'm here to look, listen, ask questions, learn, make friends, and pass along what little I do know. Let us seek together...

Having ADD isn't so bad , you just have to... Hey look! There goes a chicken!

Last edited by benchmarc; 11-04-2009 at 02:26 AM. Reason: After some reflection, it needed fixin'
Old 10-09-2009, 03:48 AM
Administrator

Marcus, welcome to the site. Thanks for joining and thanks for your service protecting us. Hope you will share some of your projects with us. We will try to help where we can.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:22 AM

Default Slow going...

Joe, I have one "active" project. I was given a '68 Sport Fury that needs lots of love. I'll try to get some photos up in the not-to-distant future.
I want to build a new corking tool to help me replicate the floor pan. I'm also out of 19ga so I could be a little bit on this one.

Having ADD isn't so bad , you just have to... Hey look! There goes a chicken!